Tirreno-Adriatico isn't Redlands

Old March 12th 05, 07:35 PM
MagillaGorilla

Default Tirreno-Adriatico isn't Redlands

http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/7686.0.html

Horner's MSR start in doubt

With Chris Horner languishing near the bottom of the standings in
Tirreno-Adriatico, his place at next weekend's Milan-San Remo classic is
in danger, team officials said.

"He's come into the season very behind and he's not good right now,"
Saunier Duval team manager Matxin Fernández. "I need to talk to him to
see what what's happening, but the way it's going now, he's not going to
be ready to race Milan-San Remo."

Horner is currently 143rd at 14:29 back after three stages, and it's not
clear if he's suffering from some sort of health problem or building his
fitness for goals later in the season.

Fernández said that if Horner sits out Milan-San Remo, he would race at
Criterium International on March 26-27 and the Rund um Köln on March 28
ahead of the Tour of Georgia in April.

"We will take a very competitive team," Fernández said about the team's
Georgia plans. "We will have Chris for the GC and Angel Edo for the
sprints.
Old March 12th 05, 09:34 PM
Robert Chung

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Horner is currently 143rd at 14:29 back after three stages, and it's not
clear if he's suffering from some sort of health problem or building his
fitness for goals later in the season.

He withdrew today before the 4th stage.

Old March 12th 05, 10:31 PM
amit

Robert Chung wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Horner is currently 143rd at 14:29 back after three stages, and

it's not
clear if he's suffering from some sort of health problem or

building his
fitness for goals later in the season.

He withdrew today before the 4th stage.

he was finishing with the pack until he crashed in the 3rd stage. i
don't know if he was messed up by that or not.