Octalink Axle with Cup-and-Cone Bottom Bracket

Old April 10th 19, 12:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Indranil

Default Octalink Axle with Cup-and-Cone Bottom Bracket

I would like to mount a Octalink bottom bracket on a 70mm italian-thread housing. I have a couple of cup-and-cone bottom brackets with square-tapered axles. I was wondering if anyone has come across an Octalink axle that would work with an old cup-and-cone bottom bracket?
Old April 10th 19, 01:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 4/10/2019 6:17 AM, Indranil wrote:
I would like to mount a Octalink bottom bracket on a 70mm italian-thread housing. I have a couple of cup-and-cone bottom brackets with square-tapered axles. I was wondering if anyone has come across an Octalink axle that would work with an old cup-and-cone bottom bracket?

No.

Just get the correct length Octalink cartridge with 36mm cups.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 10th 19, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Thanks Andrew. I prefer cup and cone brackets, and hoped that it would be possible. I'll buy a sealed cartridge as you advise.

On Wednesday, 10 April 2019 14:50:47 UTC+2, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/10/2019 6:17 AM, Indranil wrote:
I would like to mount a Octalink bottom bracket on a 70mm italian-thread housing. I have a couple of cup-and-cone bottom brackets with square-tapered axles. I was wondering if anyone has come across an Octalink axle that would work with an old cup-and-cone bottom bracket?

No.

Just get the correct length Octalink cartridge with 36mm cups.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Cup and cone bottom bracket question TomYoung Techniques 3 June 22nd 08 01:27 AM
Octalink Bottom Bracket question Fritz Techniques 1 March 24th 05 10:16 PM
FS: Shimano 105 Octalink Bottom Bracket Chad G Marketplace 0 January 17th 05 05:47 PM
Octalink Bottom Bracket Gags Australia 4 September 6th 04 11:27 AM
Bottom bracket - swap cup&cone for cartridge? David W.E. Roberts UK 16 August 2nd 04 01:34 PM