werid rattle

Old July 18th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gumba23

Default werid rattle

my Nimbus hopply is making a weird rattle i thought the frame wasnt
tight enough but its still there even after i tightend can any one
provied answers?

--
Gumba23

i unicycle badly but enjoy it!
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 18th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

lets see...:
frame (where attached to bearings)
spokes
cranks
hub
pedals

any combination of these

--
torkerdx

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

Unicaw89 wrote:
Koxx rapes Torker hard!

skianduniaddict wrote:
never give 4 teenagers a camera... they go crazy

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 18th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
amanda.gallacher

I would guess it's the pedals. If it were the spokes, they wouldnt so
much rattle as creak. About the hub... I've never heard of a hub being
able to rattle. If I'm wrong, please do tell me, I would love to know
how they rattle.
If your pedals are tight, then try the cranks to see if they are loose,
but I'm gonna say it is probably pedals.

--
amanda.gallacher

--sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch--
'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
'kris holm' (http://www.krisholm.com)

Smilymarco wrote:
its just too small

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 18th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

The things that can be too loose are, in approximate order of
likelihood:

Cranks
Bearing clamps
Pedals
Spokes
Seat components
Seat clamp
(Brake components if you have a brake)

Rattly noises come either from loose bearing clamps or -very -loose
spokes.

Creaks and ticks come from loose cranks or loose spokes.

Random squeaky noises come from your seat if (a) any of the bolts
relating to the seat or handle are loose, or (b) you are vegetarian.

A loose crank or loose pedal should be noticeable when you pedal.

Cranks and pedals should be tight.

Bearing clamps should be snug, but not overtight.

A good rule of thumb is that the bigger the nut/bolt, the more you
tighten it. You will notice that bearing clamps have very small
nuts/bolts.

Do not adjust spokes unless you have a rough idea what you are doing.

--
Mikefule

I once had a bad experience with a bigot. Now I hate them all - even
the ones I haven't met.
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 18th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

we all love unicycle.co.uk

http://tinyurl.com/2g3uf

--