The secret ingredient in DZ's vegan diet: meat

Old July 6th 11, 02:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Postman Delivers

Default The secret ingredient in DZ's vegan diet: meat

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 11:39:23 +0200, Simply Fred wrote:

thirty-six wrote:
So, what is the acceptable portion of meat to a stage rider, 6oz ,
more, less? IS this still included at breakfast as well as at evening?

If you want easily digested protein a protein peptide like Pepto Pro is
better.

* * *

Some Info:

http://www.dsm.com/le/en_US/peptopro...aq_science.htm

JR the postman
Old July 6th 11, 11:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I consume a superset of several dietary movements, but I don't drink
my own urine,

Frederick the Great wrote:
Whose urine do you drink?

Let BL answer that.
Old July 6th 11, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

On Jul 5, 1:54*pm, Frederick the Great wrote:
In article
,
*Ryan Cousineau wrote:

On Jul 4, 1:25*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Jul 4, 1:48*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2011...onman-wr-zabri...

ok, as a "good" Catholic boy I consider salmon a vegetable, but few
vegans are so accommodating. If you strip away the doctrinal
commitment to not eating animals large enough to see with the naked
eye (YEAST FERMENTATION IS MURDER! Delicious, intoxicating
murder....), isn't Z really just on a fairly extreme food-allergy
diet?

So he'll eat a boatload of carbs and a modicum of protein and whatever
veggies will still fit in his stomach after 9000 kcal of food has gone
in, right? Aside from trading chicken for tofu and using soy milk on
his corn flakes*, that is the TdF diet, right?

I accept that Zabriskie's diet is news-worthily unusual, but calling
it vegan is burying the lede: he can't stay healthy on a strictly
vegan diet!**

*and I bet Fumiyuki Beppu already does this, too.

**this doe nothing to the critique that eating too much meat is a
classic first-world problem, so e general plea to reduce meat intake
is sensible. So says he guy who ate a half-rack of ribs last night.

dumbass,

there is a movement of people who don't eat root vegetables (i don't
know what the name of that is, but you will eventually read about it
in the new york times). but if you pull up a plant by it's roots you
are killing it....unforgivable !

Jains will do that, but then they have a tradition where their holiest
members gradually starve themselves to death. "Fruitarianism" covers
that and some other dietary eccentricities. Note that both Jainism and
fruitarianism are not strictly defined in terms of dietary
restrictions: there are variations of both theory and practice.

--
Old Fritz

A better question: have I stopped beating my wife?
Old July 6th 11, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
thirty-six

On Jul 5, 10:39*am, Simply Fred wrote:
thirty-six wrote:
So, what is the acceptable portion of meat to a stage rider, *6oz ,
more, less? *IS this still included at breakfast as well as at
evening?

If you want easily digested protein a protein peptide like Pepto Pro is
better.

Casein is glue. Oh, it's GRAS s that must make it OK. :-[ It just
means it's not an acute toxin. Interesting as the claims regarding
this wonder product, including low digestive loading, I don't see
anything as regards 'complete protien'. A complete protein is that
which is found in meat, but may also be accomplished by consuming a
variety of food together containing the individual amino acids.
Complete protiens were thought to be essential for muscle repair, is
there something to show this has changed?
I might just stick to a more natural form, in the guise of sterilised
milk.
As a further note, I did notice the brand Maxim mentioned in the
testemonials, I know someone who uses this stuff as a runnner, I might
just look a bit further into it.
Hold on, for eons THE recovery drink had been cocoa and hot milk. If
you overdo the milk, it's cooked, so easily digested. Load the drink
up with malt syrup or powder or dextrose powder for fast assimilation
to glycogen and reuptake of the vitals is accomplished. Don't suppose
it's fashionable though. BTW the other invalid and sports food in the
early part of the 20Cent was beef tea.
Ah, yes, I can buy chocolate milk(sterlised) already loaded with
sugar(can't remember which though). As it is a sealed container of
sterilised milk, it does not require chilling and is good to carry
until the aches start.
Just found that instant coffee (Douwe Egberts espresso) mixes well
with room temperature strilised milk. It turned out to be the fastest
consumed caffiene loaded drink I've ever touched. Hmmm, I think there
is definitely something in this sterilised milk with coffee and/ or
cocoa. Damn, I forgot to put the rum in, I've got aa bottle of
Pampero (Venezuela) which should do nicely. For digestive ease with
pasteurised milk, I normally use OVD or Lemon Heart, but any Demeraran
or Jamaican rum will do, Captain Morgan is possibly flavourful enough
to help.
Old July 6th 11, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
thirty-six

thirty-six wrote:
So, what is the acceptable portion of meat to a stage rider, *6oz ,
more, less? *IS this still included at breakfast as well as at
evening?

If you want easily digested protein a protein peptide like Pepto Pro is
better.

Casein is glue. *Oh, it's GRAS s that must make it OK. *:-[ *It just
means it's not an acute toxin. *Interesting as the claims regarding
this wonder product, including low digestive loading, I don't see
anything as regards 'complete protien'. *A complete protein is that

Found it.
[...]

And I'm bouncing in my seat in ten minutes after drinking that coffee
loaded milk, I might just stand up. Probably the fastest caffeine
reaction I've had.

is definitely something in this sterilised milk with coffee and/ *or
cocoa. *Damn, I forgot to put the rum in, I've got aa bottle of
Pampero (Venezuela) which should do nicely. *For digestive ease with
pasteurised milk, I normally use OVD or Lemon Heart, but any Demeraran
or Jamaican rum will do, Captain Morgan is possibly flavourful enough
to help.

I'll try the rum addition next time to see if there is even quicker
emptying of my stomach.

Old July 7th 11, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article
,
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

On Jul 5, 1:54Â*pm, Frederick the Great wrote:
In article
,
Â*Ryan Cousineau wrote:

On Jul 4, 1:25Â*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Jul 4, 1:48Â*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

[...]

Chacon Ã* son goût.

--
Old Fritz