FSA Compact with Campy Triple Changer? Or Double? An Campy Compact when?

Old August 19th 04, 09:53 PM
me

Default FSA Compact with Campy Triple Changer? Or Double? An Campy Compact when?

Has anyone run an FSA Compact 34/50 with a Campy Triple Changer? I have
read comments that the double chnagers workfine but MAY tend to drop the
chain on downshifts once in a while.

Wouldn't the triple changer be little cleaner up and down?

Any word on when Campy's compact changers will arrive?

Jeffrey

Old August 19th 04, 11:36 PM
Nick Payne

I've been running 48-34 chainrings with a Centaur double changer for about
18 months, and can't ever remember either dropping the chain inside the
small chainring or overshifting outside the large chainring. Selling a
specific changer for a chainring that is three teeth smaller than normal is
a con job by the manufacturer.

Nick

Old August 19th 04, 11:50 PM
Bill Davidson

me wrote:
Any word on when Campy's compact changers will arrive?

About the same time as Campy's compact cranks. :P
Old August 20th 04, 01:56 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Me- Has anyone run an FSA Compact 34/50 with a Campy Triple Changer?
BRBR

We have used both and both work fine. We haven't had the fall off the inside
problem. Front der needs to be adjusted well.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 22nd 04, 01:53 AM
Eurastus

I've got an '04 Campy Carbon FD (double) and one of the new Ritchey WCS 110V
compact cranks (50-34).

Works without a hitch. Never over- or under-shifted. However, as mentioned
earlier, I took great pains to set it up perfectly. YMMV and all that...

By the way, these are really cool cranks. Light and very sharp-looking.