I Don't Care What You Say...

Old July 15th 10, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

Default I Don't Care What You Say...

HTC versus Garmin is Men against Boys. Not only did Renshaw deliver
his man, he managed to do a good job of - legally as far as I could
tell - making sure Farrar couldn't get through. WTF was Farra doing
trying to go through the inside FFS? I know you yanks are nothing if
not partisan at suporting your boys, but Garmin really don't have a
clue at all in these sprints, leastwise not those that I've seen...

UD
Old July 15th 10, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni[_2_]

"Uncle Dave" wrote in message
: HTC versus Garmin is Men against Boys. Not only did Renshaw deliver
: his man, he managed to do a good job of - legally as far as I could
: tell - making sure Farrar couldn't get through. WTF was Farra doing
: trying to go through the inside FFS? I know you yanks are nothing if
: not partisan at suporting your boys, but Garmin really don't have a
: clue at all in these sprints, leastwise not those that I've seen...

Dumbass -

It's not just this year.

They were clueless last year too.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Old July 15th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 7/15/2010 10:41 AM, Uncle Dave wrote:
HTC versus Garmin is Men against Boys. Not only did Renshaw deliver
his man, he managed to do a good job of - legally as far as I could
tell - making sure Farrar couldn't get through. WTF was Farra doing
trying to go through the inside FFS? I know you yanks are nothing if
not partisan at suporting your boys, but Garmin really don't have a
clue at all in these sprints, leastwise not those that I've seen...

UD

Partisan?

Check out last year's sprint in Paris:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frdU3_aKZNs

Hincapie the Yank overpowers Millar the Brit. This is key
because it puts Renshaw the Aussie in a position to chop
Dean's Kiwi ass. At that point it is over for Farrar, who
cannot even come around Cav's leadout guy.

And if anyone said anything nasty during that last kilo,
all parties would have understood it. How cool is that!

Anyone that appreciates a good chop should enjoy watching
the HTC leadout train.

Fred Flintstein
Old July 15th 10, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jul 15, 11:41*am, Uncle Dave wrote:
HTC versus Garmin is Men against Boys. *Not only did Renshaw deliver
his man, he managed to do a good job of - legally as far as I could
tell -

dumbass,

renshaw just got kicked out of the tour for his riding.
Old July 15th 10, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

Default I Don't Care What You Say...- Renshaw expelled

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:41:04 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Dave
wrote:

HTC versus Garmin is Men against Boys. Not only did Renshaw deliver
his man, he managed to do a good job of - legally as far as I could
tell - making sure Farrar couldn't get through. WTF was Farra doing
trying to go through the inside FFS? I know you yanks are nothing if
not partisan at suporting your boys, but Garmin really don't have a
clue at all in these sprints, leastwise not those that I've seen...

UD

Yes and while no one mentioned it (Aldag did hint at it), Julian Dean
was clearly going off his line to the left, too bad Renshaw thought it
useful to head-butt him though, as a result he's been expelled !
Old July 15th 10, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On Jul 15, 5:51*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Jul 15, 11:41*am, Uncle Dave wrote:

HTC versus Garmin is Men against Boys. *Not only did Renshaw deliver
his man, he managed to do a good job of - legally as far as I could
tell -

dumbass,

renshaw just got kicked out of the tour for his riding.

Commissaires American are they?

I must say I'm not surprised. Presumably for the post handbags switch
which was in the last 200 rather than the handbags episode itself?

UD
Old July 15th 10, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

wrote:
HTC versus Garmin is Men against Boys. *Not only did Renshaw deliver
his man, he managed to do a good job of - legally as far as I could
tell - making sure Farrar couldn't get through. *WTF was Farra doing
trying to go through the inside FFS? *I know you yanks are nothing if
not partisan at suporting your boys, but Garmin really don't have a
clue at all in these sprints, leastwise not those that I've seen...

UD

Yes and while no one mentioned it (Aldag did hint at it), Julian Dean
was clearly going off his line to the left, too bad Renshaw thought it
useful to head-butt him though, as a result he's been expelled !

I should have read this before I replied to old Ghost ********'
posting. I'm surprised. That was six of one and half a dozen of the
other. I could see why they might complain about him crowding out
Farrar as he came off the front, but I thought they were both equally
at fault there. Dean definitely was trying to push Renhaw towards the
barriers which was why Renshaw retaliated. OTOH, you could read it
that Renshaw wanted to keep that line and leaning on Dean was an
unfair way of doing it. Jeez, there have been far worse things
happening in the sprints than that, some really nasty switches in the
last 200 for example.

UD
Old July 15th 10, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
[...]

snip

Dumbass -

I agree.

The thing with Dean was normal since Dean was going to pinch him, but
Dean only had maybe 6 inches on him so he head butted.

Renshaw was wrong w/ the Farrar closeout though. Leadout guys
shouldn't be chopping other teams' sprinters once they're done with
their work.

Old July 15th 10, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jul 15, 1:58*pm, Uncle Dave wrote:
On Jul 15, 5:51*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:

On Jul 15, 11:41*am, Uncle Dave wrote:

HTC versus Garmin is Men against Boys. *Not only did Renshaw deliver
his man, he managed to do a good job of - legally as far as I could
tell -

dumbass,

renshaw just got kicked out of the tour for his riding.

Commissaires American are they?

whatev, i'm not american. the chief commissaire is probably martin
bruin (it was last year), who is a very reasonable guy.

I must say I'm not surprised. *Presumably for the post handbags switch
which was in the last 200 rather than the handbags episode itself?

comes with the turf. anyone who takes part in bunch sprints will have
to do somewhat dicey things and once in a while they will get
penalized. that why the commissaires are there - to make the judgment
call.

if you remember our exchanges a few months ago, one of the things i
said i didn't like about sprints was the goonery.
Old July 15th 10, 08:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

wrote:
[...]

Well, I saw it as the guy in the center of the barroom floor clearing
some space for himself.
A little too much for the commissaire(s) I guess, but Dean's move
needed to be dealt with in no uncertain terms, for the moment and for
the future.

Remember when they finally figured out that Abdoujaparov was a little
tiny guy and started dealing with his ass? (nope, didn't like his
dangerous style one bit)
He got DQ'd at Gent-Wevelgem in '92 IMS for taking his hand off the
bars in a move that was not going to bother Cipo-- IOW, they were
waiting for him to do something they could hook him for.
Which I feel bears on this DQ somehow-- Cav has apparently failed
(repeatedly) the "attitude test".

Well, now we're going to see, I hope, another dimension of the Manx
Missile.

I guess I'm a fanboy of the boyracer g.
--D-y

Take Care Pete-the -Bike UK 44 May 10th 09 10:11 PM
Does anyone care Bill C Racing 6 September 29th 07 03:32 AM
I don't care what anyone says Tsarkon Racing 54 July 18th 06 05:44 AM
BR(x) map for those who care... PiledHigher Australia 10 March 10th 05 03:06 AM
BR(x) map for those who care... flyingdutch Australia 31 March 7th 05 12:30 AM