Would you buy this dvd?

Old July 28th 08, 12:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

Default Would you buy this dvd?

SkierAlex wrote:
I kind of agree. In other extreme sports there are heaps of
professionally made DVD's and not so many online. If people actually
filmed a proper DVD they would make money. I mean koxx-one have
released heaps of online vids and only one DVD and lots of the online
vids are better than the DVD IMO.

This is the big flaw in the 'if you make youtube videos you make it
hard for people to make money out of dvds'. If you look on youtube for
skate videos, there are over 350,000. unicycling, there are less than
95,000. Yet skating, bmx etc. have far more commercial success.

The more people making unicycling videos on youtube, the more
unicyclists there are, which means there's a greater potential for
selling dvds to them. It's really common when you meet mountain
unicyclists for them to say they started because they saw Kris Holm on
youtube for example - I bet he's sold tons of gear thanks to promoting
himself in videos (and even due to them being pirated onto youtube).

I reckon people would still buy a well produced dvd of tutorials
though, I know I've bought tutorial videos for other things. Youtube is
okay, but a good dvd of tutorials could just be easier, and worth
someone spending £10/$20 on. If you could make a bunch of copies, you
might even convince unicycle.com to sell a bundled deal with some of
their street / trials unicycles. They already do this with beginner
unicycles, bundling in a 'learn to ride' dvd for a little more money,
it'd be great if the more advanced unicycles could be got with
instructional dvds too.

Joe

--
joemarshall