Bike Safari Tours in Miami Beach and beyond?

Old March 9th 11, 05:06 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Bike Safari Tours in Miami Beach and beyond?

I'm disappointed but not surprised at all that people are not calling
about the SAFARI BICYCLE TOUR --Urban Jungle style.

Not too far from Miami --in the middle of the Everglades-- there's a
famous bike ride location: Shark Valley. Of course, there are no
sharks, just alligators, so people ride and see the reptilians basking
in the sun as well as harmless birds. I've never heard of an alligator
swallowing a cyclist, but I've heard of a driver or two trying to
swallow a cyclist. In other words, the Urban Jungle is where the
excitement is...

"Your options consist of a tram ride ($) or cycling ($ for rentals) a
paved path 7 miles to an observation tower, then 8 miles back along a
different track (also paved)."

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...k_Florida.html

***

For an extra fee, you can have the alligators dance for you. Just
kidding.
Old March 9th 11, 06:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Now that I mention Shark Valley, that would be a nice ride from
downtown Miami IF IT WERE SAFE...

"This park is located on US 41 (Tamiami Trail) 35 miles from downtown
Miami, and 17.5 miles west of Florida Highway 997 (Krome Avenue)."

Imagine you go on a bike tour along Little Havana and beyond through
the Urban Jungle... Will you make it alive? Or will you just throw
yourself to the alligators in desperation?

"Strap you bike to the car and make your way out there, you will not
regret it !"

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-shark-va...nal-park-miami

I wonder why it says "strap your bike to the car" and not "get on your
bike and go!"?

Old March 12th 11, 03:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Mar 11, 12:53 am, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, aka Comandante Banana wrote:

(from my local forum)

Posted by Jess
"Once the deco bike program launches, motorists in Miami Beach will
have no choice but to move over and give way to bicycles. The bikes
are going to take over

Have to?

You're talking about Miami Beach, right? Home of the old geezers that can't
see beyond their Cadillac hood ornaments. "I had the right of way" is going
to look great as an epitaph on your tombstone.

Pressure the city (over the screaming objections of developers) to put in
more dedicated bike lanes. Not take them out. Stop letting the anti car
crusaders use bicycles as speed bumps.

First Tunisia, next Egypt, then Miami Beach...

Get the hint?
Old March 12th 11, 05:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Mar 11, 9:53 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, aka Comandante
Banana" wrote:
On Mar 11, 12:53 am, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, aka Comandante Banana wrote:

(from my local forum)

Posted by Jess
"Once the deco bike program launches, motorists in Miami Beach will
have no choice but to move over and give way to bicycles. The bikes
are going to take over

Have to?

You're talking about Miami Beach, right? Home of the old geezers that can't
see beyond their Cadillac hood ornaments. "I had the right of way" is going
to look great as an epitaph on your tombstone.

Pressure the city (over the screaming objections of developers) to put in
more dedicated bike lanes. Not take them out. Stop letting the anti car
crusaders use bicycles as speed bumps.

First Tunisia, next Egypt, then Miami Beach...

Get the hint?

Well, I'm assuming certain IQ on your part...

It works like this, oil prices hit 10 bucks a gallon, we scrap the
SUVs and make room for million of bikes. The old guard must give way
to the young blood asking for fun under the sun.