Is Mike Vandeman finally dead?

Old July 1st 13, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Is Mike Vandeman finally dead?

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:

Facts are subject to interpretation. They are no more reliable
than opinion. In the end, everything comes down to personal judgment based on
ones total life experiences. Thus spake Zarathustra.

Facts and premises can, with logic, lead to conclusions. They are a LOT more reliable than perception which is ephemeral.

Logic is unreliable and can be as screwed up just as the facts frequently are. Your faith in rationality (reason) is misplaced. The US loses out all over the world because we base our policies on those very qualities that you extoll. It is why we win all our battles but lose all our wars. I KNOW I do not like cycling on my sacred trails. That trumps everything else!

And the over-arching premise of Zarathustra is the concept of the overman (Ubermensch) ... and to become one, Nietsche opined that one had to OVERCOME emotional perception and master oneself.

So, if you would really aspire to your tagline, perhaps you should reread and rethink ?

I use the Thus spake Zarathustra as an announcement from on high so as to foreclose all further discussion. I dont give a damn what that nut Nietzsche ever said about anything ... nor am I a Zoroastrian. Think of me as the God (Jehovah) of the Old Testament and you will have it right.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old July 3rd 13, 09:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade

Logic is unreliable and can be as screwed up just as the facts
frequently are. Your faith in rationality (reason) is misplaced. The US loses
out all over the world because we base our policies on those very qualities that
you extoll. It is why we win all our battles but lose all our wars. I KNOW I do
not like cycling on my sacred trails. That trumps everything else!

Only for you. What you 'know' does nothing to sway anyone else.

I use the Thus spake Zarathustra as an announcement from on
high so as to foreclose all further discussion. I dont give a damn what that
nut Nietzsche ever said about anything ... nor am I a Zoroastrian. Think of me
as the God (Jehovah) of the Old Testament and you will have it
right.

Well, in your own mind it might foreclose all future discussion. For everyone who doesn't accept that you are Vox Dei it carries precious little weight.

However, I suggest you don't use aphorisms when you don't understand the connotations fully ... actions somewhat typical of a fallible individual not an omniscient, god-like being.

Old July 3rd 13, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Edward Dolan wrote:

Logic is unreliable and can be as screwed up just as the facts
frequently are. Your faith in rationality (reason) is misplaced. The US loses
out all over the world because we base our policies on those very qualities that
you extoll. It is why we win all our battles but lose all our wars. I KNOW I do
not like cycling on my sacred trails. That trumps everything else!

Only for you. What you 'know' does nothing to sway anyone else.

My perceptions are superior to yours. That is all that is happening here.

I use the Thus spake Zarathustra as an announcement from on
high so as to foreclose all further discussion. I dont give a damn what that
nut Nietzsche ever said about anything ... nor am I a Zoroastrian. Think of me
as the God (Jehovah) of the Old Testament and you will have it
right.

Well, in your own mind it might foreclose all future discussion. For everyone who doesn't accept that you are Vox Dei it carries precious little weight.

However, I suggest you don't use aphorisms when you don't understand the connotations fully ... actions somewhat typical of a fallible individual not an omniscient, god-like being.

We Great Ones use anything any damn way we please. However, for lesser lights like yourself, I do indeed advise that you follow your own advice.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old July 4th 13, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

So ultimately your arguments are reduced to "I'm right, you're wrong".
Rather reminiscent of the 3rd grade school yard, isn't it.

The only question then becomes, "how old are you anyway?". The answer
will demonstrate whether you a Too young to have any experience in
the matter, or simply another bigoted fanatic like the Klu Klux Klan.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old July 4th 13, 06:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

I have given many reasons in the course of this thread for why I think the way I do. However, in the end it becomes a matter of point of view which no facts or logic has anything to do with. It also nothing to do with the 3rd grade and everything to do with being honest about an argument. You should try it (being honest) yourself sometime.

The only question then becomes, "how old are you anyway?". The answer

will demonstrate whether you a Too young to have any experience in
the matter, or simply another bigoted fanatic like the Klu Klux Klan.

I spent 10 years of my life doing nothing but hiking out West (this was in the 60s and 70s), a real treat for someone from Minnesota. This was full time hiking with only a few months off for the winters .In all that time I never encountered any bicycles on the trails. Now it is possible to encounter bicycles on trails above tree line in remote locations. Am I a fanatic? You bet I am when it comes to caring for mother nature.

Your reference to the KKK escapes me. They no doubt thought they were being just and fair and doing God’s work, just like you probably think that too about yourself. In reality, according to my lights, you are desecrating wilderness values and destroying a hiking-walking culture which you are too stupid to ever have appreciated. It is the way of all barbarians, to destroy something for which you have no understanding.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old July 4th 13, 12:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]

I see. In the 60's and 70's I can only assume that you were sponging
from your parents to allow you to spend all your time on the trails.
Have you ever worked or have you lived your life sponging from others?

Your reference to the KKK escapes me. They no doubt thought

they were being just and fair and doing Gods work, just like you
probably think that too about yourself. In reality, according to my
lights, you are desecrating wilderness values and destroying a
hiking-walking culture which you are too stupid to ever have
appreciated. It is the way of all barbarians, to destroy something for
which you have no understanding.

Simple. The KKK are probably the widest known group of bigots.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old July 4th 13, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Thu, 4 Jul 2013 00:50:18 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

[...]

Not everyone who comes into this world is condemn to work by the sweat of his brow for a living. However, it is best if most do in fact submit to the slavery of a job. Otherwise they tend to get into mischief and lay waste their lives.

Your reference to the KKK escapes me. They no doubt thought

they were being just and fair and doing God’s work, just like you
probably think that too about yourself. In reality, according to my
lights, you are desecrating wilderness values and destroying a
hiking-walking culture which you are too stupid to ever have
appreciated. It is the way of all barbarians, to destroy something for
which you have no understanding.

Simple. The KKK are probably the widest known group of bigots.

It all depends on your point of view. Some folks think Hitler was a a bigot, but he had the support of the entire German nation, at least for so long as he was winning.

I can see that you are a simpleton. I urge you to take some time off from your labors at work in order to broaden your perspective. Leisure has its uses too.

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great