Comedy of Snowflakes

Old July 31st 17, 06:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Comedy of Snowflakes

The humidity was so high yesterday that I only climbed 1300 feet and was totally soaking wet. Sweat was pouring off of me like a waterfall.

So I decided that instead of returning via the hills I'm return via downtown Oakland. Usually at mid-day there aren't too many bullets flying about.....

While on Broadway, while I was riding along taking up the right lane since there was garbage along the curb a pickup truck went squealing tires around me, barely missing me and pulling back into my lane and then slamming on the brakes to miss running into the line of cars at the red light.

I simply bypassed the entire string of cars and pulled out fast and just made it through four yellow lights in a row leaving all that traffic well behind. I went down and made an incorrect turn and ended up at a bridge that was supposed to be completed two months ago. But as is usual with Oakland it isn't even half complete. So I had to parallel that bridge by walking the bike through deep gravel along the RR tracks. This took perhaps 5 minutes to bypass the bridge construction and get back out on the road.

I then rode down along the Oakland Estuary, past the yacht harbors and finally came to the Park St. Bridge. I took the pedestrian path over the bridge since the traffic was both heavy and dangerous. As I hit the other side of the bridge I turned right down the sidewalk and road down perhaps 50 feet where there is an exit from a parking lot for offices and perhaps a restaurant. There was a car there waiting to get out as traffic was flying by without thought of anyone else. I turned sideways to exit and signaled the driver that he had right of way when he could get out.

Then here comes that pickup and the driver has the window open and is screaming curses at me at the top of his lungs. The driver next to me has no idea of what is going on and it took me several seconds to realize that was the same jackass that I left some 5 miles back.

As is usual for these Snowflakes he kept driving because he certainly wasn't going to stop and personally challenge someone he couldn't threaten with his vehicle. I looked at the driver next to me and he made the sign that the man must be crazy.

I suppose that's so but need there be so many of them on the road? The police will do absolutely nothing about them. So I have to wait until one of them threatens me in front of witnesses to take them apart.

Hell of a way to run a country.

Comedy value. Fraggle Unicycling 8 June 12th 08 10:48 PM
Team High Comedy Amit Ghosh Racing 0 April 2nd 08 11:20 AM
TTT Start Comedy [email protected] Racing 3 June 27th 07 02:56 AM
I bailed out - a comedy of errors vernon UK 3 September 11th 05 05:31 PM
Comedy Sock Puppet Just zis Guy, you know? UK 6 July 19th 04 11:00 AM