Freewheeling May Be Running Stealth Campaign

Old October 27th 04, 05:05 PM
Sam

Peter Clinch wrote in message ...
Sam wrote:
Freewheeling May Be Running
Stealth Campaign to Attract New Members

Whether it is or not, I'm not going there. I look in on the CTC ones
and Cycling Scotland's because they're nationally useful and relevant
organisations, but they're a PITA to use and just demonstrate how
horribly inferior web forums to Usenet.

Pete.

You're not alone in your aversion to such forums. Sheldon Brown, who
did me the great honour of registering the other day (I'm not
devulging any state secrets; anybody who registers can see the list of
members) told me he also much prefers Usenet. Fortunately for me, he
promised to stop in from time to time... I only wish I could hold him
to that!

Sam
---
http://www.freewheeling.com/index.php
Old October 27th 04, 06:35 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , Sam
') wrote:

(Nick Kew) wrote in message
In article ,
(Sam) writes:
Freewheeling May Be Running
Spam Campaign to **** off cyclists

That's what, three or four blatent self-promotions here in a couple
of days.

Never, ever do business with a spammer. That includes visiting their
wretched websites.

I rather knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but was hoping
A) the aggrieved parties would do themselves the favour of killfilling
me instead of advertising their lack of taste, or B) simply ignore me.
It's not difficult.

I do apologize if this seems like nothing more than spam. I was hoping
I would be cut a little slack for a week or so until I got this out of
my system. It's extremely difficult starting a forum, and I have no
budget.

You were cut slack - and not a little bit, either. You were cut a lot of
slack. And please be aware that in seeking to privatise part of the
community for your own profit, you are actively damaging the public
forum which is very valuable to us. You can't expect us to continue to
cut you slack.

Anyway, I'm really not going to argue about it anymore. Like I said,
killfile me, if you haven't already. I'm begging you.

Laddie, I'm not going to killfile you. I'm going to watch you. And if
you continue to step out of line I shall be complaining to Jeff Lewis,
of 421 King Street North, Waterloo, Ontario, who hosts your DNS; and to
Pegasus Web Technologies of P.O. Box 577, Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417, who
host your website; and to Voxel Dot Net, Inc. of 270 River St., Suite
#302, Troy, NY 12180 who are their upstream provider. It won't be the
first time I've had a spammer's website shut down, by any means.

Behave, and your posts will continue to be welcome here; continue to
spam, and you're out of business. Yes, that *is* a threat.

;; Sending your money to someone just because they've erected
;; a barrier of obscurity and secrets around the tools you
;; need to use your data does not help the economy or spur
;; innovation. - Waffle Iron Slashdot, June 16th, 2002

Old October 27th 04, 07:58 PM
Sam

Simon Brooke wrote in message ...
in message , Sam
') wrote:

Freewheeling May Be Running
Stealth Campaign to Attract New Members

Sam, this is getting very close to SPAM. Cut it down. I know you're
promoting your new site but this volume is well beyond the boundaries
of what's generally thought acceptable. If you wish to promote your
site, it is generally accepted that it is OK to include its URL in a
signature to on-topic posts. Posts whose main purpose is to advertise
your website are by definition not on topic.

If you persist, I shall report you for net abuse, not only to your
Usenet provider, but also to your web hosting provider. Be reasonable.
Cut it down.

Relax. I'm almost finished with the run anyway. I don't have a Usenet
provider (unless you count Google groups), but if you persist I shall
report myself to my web hosting provider and wait for the laughter to
stop: This isn't even close to spam.

Sam
--
http://www.freewheelingforum.com
Old October 27th 04, 08:01 PM
Sam

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message ...
Sam posted:
Free

F*ck off, spammer.

Any PR is good PR, Homer.
Old October 27th 04, 08:09 PM
Peter Clinch

Sam wrote:

This isn't even close to spam.

Unsolicited emailing to numerous recipients advertising a service. The
only sense it isn't spam is it isn't pink and available in tins. You
shut up and we'll relax, now safe in the knowledge that we really don't
want to visit your website.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old October 27th 04, 09:46 PM
Simonb

Sam wrote:

Sam

Watch it Sam. You've got the URC hardnuts on your tail.

Old October 28th 04, 02:24 AM
Mike Kruger

Simon Brooke wrote:

[...]

St., Suite #302, Troy, NY 12180 who are their upstream

provider. It
won't be the first time I've had a spammer's website shut

down, by
any means.

Behave, and your posts will continue to be welcome here;

continue to
spam, and you're out of business. Yes, that *is* a threat.

Switch to decaf.

--
Mike Kruger
A new Florida poll shows President Bush winning the state by

Old October 28th 04, 05:08 PM
Dave Kahn

"Simonb" wrote in message .. .
Sam wrote:

Sam

Watch it Sam. You've got the URC hardnuts on your tail.

I think he's been given a pretty soft ride up to now. I'm happy with
that because I enjoy his writing and respect him for his energy and
his considerable talent. He must be aware, however, that he's sailing
pretty close to the wind with this campaign. Once it starts to
irritate it's target market it will in any case be self defeating.

--
Dave...