Which diameter dogfang for C50?

Old July 8th 05, 12:59 PM
Derk

Default Which diameter dogfang for C50?

Hi,

Could anyone tell me which diameter DogFang I need for a C50?
31.8 or 34 mm?

Greetings, Derk
Old July 8th 05, 02:07 PM
Francesco Devittori

Derk wrote:
Hi,

Could anyone tell me which diameter DogFang I need for a C50?
31.8 or 34 mm?

Greetings, Derk

I got a 31.8 for a c40 and it was too small, so I cutted it and fixed
with a (long) zip tie. Works well!
I think c50 tubes are fatter.

Francesco
Old July 8th 05, 02:13 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Francesco Devittori wrote:
Derk wrote:
Hi,

Could anyone tell me which diameter DogFang I need for a C50?
31.8 or 34 mm?

Greetings, Derk

I got a 31.8 for a c40 and it was too small, so I cutted it and fixed
with a (long) zip tie. Works well!
I think c50 tubes are fatter.

Francesco

34.9...for the C-40/50

Old July 8th 05, 11:06 PM
Jay S. Hill

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Francesco Devittori wrote:

Derk wrote:

Hi,

Could anyone tell me which diameter DogFang I need for a C50?
31.8 or 34 mm?

What is a DogFang?
Old July 8th 05, 11:27 PM

Francesco Devittori wrote:

Derk wrote:

Hi,

Could anyone tell me which diameter DogFang I need for a C50?
31.8 or 34 mm?

What is a DogFang?

Dear Jay,

A plastic circle tightened around the lower seat tube with a
curved fang-like protrusion that is turned until it's almost
touching the smallest front sprocket--keeps the chain from
falling off the top and down onto the bottom bracket:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/chains.html

The picture shows how the protrusion looks like a dog's
fang.

Carl Fogel
Old July 9th 05, 11:24 AM
Jay S. Hill

wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 22:06:26 GMT, "Jay S. Hill"
wrote:

What is a DogFang?

A plastic circle tightened around the lower seat tube with a
curved fang-like protrusion that is turned until it's almost
touching the smallest front sprocket--keeps the chain from
falling off the top and down onto the bottom bracket:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/chains.html

Thanks. A) A google search of DogFang didn't give the right answer, but
Dog Fang does. B) I thought I knew Sheldon's site better.