Presta Air Hose Chuck

Old July 8th 05, 03:00 AM
Mark D

Default Presta Air Hose Chuck

Hi All, Is there such a thing as a Presta Air Hose Chuck that will fit
directly to my Air Compressor Hose (Utilizing a quick release fitting),
thus avoiding the need to use a Shrader Adapter on the Presta Valve?
Thanks, Mark

Old July 8th 05, 03:34 AM
philcycles

Mark D wrote:
Hi All, Is there such a thing as a Presta Air Hose Chuck that will fit
directly to my Air Compressor Hose (Utilizing a quick release fitting),
thus avoiding the need to use a Shrader Adapter on the Presta Valve?
Thanks, Mark

\
Sure is. I think you can get them from Park.
Phil Brown

Old July 8th 05, 06:28 AM

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 22:06:58 -0700, Mark Hickey

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 20:00:36 -0600, (Mark D)
wrote:

Hi All, Is there such a thing as a Presta Air Hose Chuck that will fit
directly to my Air Compressor Hose (Utilizing a quick release fitting),
thus avoiding the need to use a Shrader Adapter on the Presta Valve?
Thanks, Mark

Dear Mark,

Here's a thread from a rival forum that suggests an in-line
pressure gauge and a Silca Presta head:

"I made my own by adapting a Silca head onto a hose fitting
with a gauge that was designed for Schrader valves."

"The QBP catalogue has what I can only assume is a real nice
one. It has a gauge and a bleeder valve and works with
either Schrader or Presta valves. Cost is $75.00. That's
wholesale so expect to pay more at your LBS."

I have one of those on my own compressor (in my garage), and it is one
of the better "unnecessary purchases" I've made lately. It really
DOES work equally well on both types of valves. Kinda nice being able
to top off the car tires, then turn around and put 120psi in my road
bike tires without any futzing around with adaptors.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Dear Mark,

Possibly this dingus from Sheldon?

http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.c...=49&SKU=PU9997

Here are the details, indicating Presta/Schrader 160 psi off
a 1/4" NPT coupler:

http://www.bikemannetwork.com/biking...OLPRESS/PU9997

Carl Fogel
Old July 8th 05, 07:22 PM
Mark D

Hi All, Thank you for the responses.
Yes, that's a mighty nice tool, but the price ranging from $82.00-$93.00
sort of seems extreme to me.

On the one site, I see a replacement head for this "Air Bob" tool, which
costs only $12.95, and I'm thinking that this could be directly fitted
to the Air hose via either an NPT Quick Connect. or some other
inexpensive means?

Having the Air Gauge on the Air Bob is sort of redundant, when I have 3
of them sitting here, and as far as a bleed valve, If I over-pressurize
a tire, all I have to do, is tap the end of the tire's presta valve a
bit to reduce PSI, and start over if need be. Mark

Old July 8th 05, 07:28 PM
Mark D

Hi Again, On the Replacement Head for the Air Bob Tool ($12.95), I see
what appears to be just a Barb Fitting on it, so I imagine all one would
have to do, would be to aquire a short length (A ft. or two) of suitable
Air Hose, A NPT-Barb Fitting for the other end of the Hose, and 2 Hose
Clamps to tie it all together? Whatcha think? Mark

Old July 8th 05, 07:35 PM
Mark D

I do understand that when taking readings on a road tire with a seperate
Air Gauge, that maybe just a little bit of air is lost each, and every
time you perhaps take a reading on the tire, due to the low volume, and
high pressure of the tire, but I'm not that critical, or anal about
knowing that my tires have to be exactly 115 PSI (or whatever), + or - 1
PSI. lol

I think provided that I know I'm within 4-6 PSI of the desired pressure
settings, I'd be happy enough. Mark