Nice Publicity

Old May 30th 06, 11:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Nice Publicity

My bike riding was the subject of a flattering article in the Milwaukee
Journal-Sentinel May 29. For anyone interested in reading it on-line, type
in "JSOnline.com" on Google, then at the top type in "wallenfang". Not
surprisingly, I was unable to copy and post it directly.

Ron Wallenfang

Old May 30th 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote:

My bike riding was the subject of a flattering article in the Milwaukee
Journal-Sentinel May 29. For anyone interested in reading it on-line, type
in "JSOnline.com" on Google, then at the top type in "wallenfang". Not
surprisingly, I was unable to copy and post it directly.

Ron Wallenfang

Nice Article.
Here's the link... http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=428064

Old May 30th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"John Brittain" wrote in message
"Ron Wallenfang" wrote:

My bike riding was the subject of a flattering article in the Milwaukee
Journal-Sentinel May 29. For anyone interested in reading it on-line,
type
in "JSOnline.com" on Google, then at the top type in "wallenfang". Not
surprisingly, I was unable to copy and post it directly.

Ron Wallenfang

Nice Article.
Here's the link... http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=428064

Thanks for posting the link. Enjoyable reading.
I think that I remember you posting your ride from Philadelphia south. Keep
riding.

--
www.billcotton.com

Old May 30th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message
My bike riding was the subject of a flattering article in the Milwaukee
Journal-Sentinel May 29.

That was a great article -- it highlights your accomplishments. I also like
the, "At 200 pounds, he is built solid, like a tree trunk" comment.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old May 31st 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Claire Petersky wrote:
"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message
My bike riding was the subject of a flattering article in the Milwaukee
Journal-Sentinel May 29.

That was a great article -- it highlights your accomplishments. I also like
the, "At 200 pounds, he is built solid, like a tree trunk" comment.

I'm 200 lbs but built more like goulash. I've only got about 2/5's his
mileage even though I started in '88 or so.

Old June 2nd 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Ron Wallenfang wrote:
My bike riding was the subject of a flattering article in the Milwaukee
Journal-Sentinel May 29. For anyone interested in reading it on-line, type
in "JSOnline.com" on Google, then at the top type in "wallenfang". Not
surprisingly, I was unable to copy and post it directly.

Ron Wallenfang

A very nice - and as you say - flattering article. Thanks for mentioning
it here.

I must say, I always figured that you must be built like Miguel Indurian
or something with the number of miles that you do in a day while on
tour. τΏΤ¬

We ride the same sort of bike (hybridized MTB - no shocks) and with the
same bar end Mirrycle.

Did you stop by that road debris on purpose in the first picture. It
*looks* dangerous.

As far as riding every day - meaning in rain and all - do you worry
about trying to keep your drive train clean? (I just cleaned mine, which
I hate doing, installed a new chain and then found out I needed to
install a new rear derailleur, so I am trying to avoid rain for as long
as I can; which not too difficult in our drought ridden CO front range.
I like the quiet ride of a clean machine.

BTW, I saved a copy of that article to my hard drive (sans ads).

--
*****************************
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO
Old June 7th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"Chuck Anderson" wrote in message
news ..
it here.
Did you stop by that road debris on purpose in the first picture. It
*looks* dangerous.

I wouldn't have recalled the debris if it wasn't in the picture. Debris
usually isn't a problem in the Milwaukee area, where the road maintenance is
pretty good. Potholes are a problem in the winter and early spring, but by
later spring they're pretty well filled.

As far as riding every day - meaning in rain and all - do you worry about
trying to keep your drive train clean? (I just cleaned mine, which I hate
doing, installed a new chain and then found out I needed to install a new
rear derailleur, so I am trying to avoid rain for as long as I can; which
not too difficult in our drought ridden CO front range. I like the quiet
ride of a clean machine.

*****************************

I wipe off and lubricate the chain, derailleur, and brakes after those rains
where sand accumulates, but am not nearly as diligent as I ought to be. One
consequence is that I end of replacing the chain and rear cog on both of my
main bikes every year, although they also each have a lot of mileage by
then, and might need replacing anyway.

Cycling from Nice nareloc Rides 3 February 17th 06 12:42 AM
Anyone get any nice holiday bike gifts? Bill H. General 11 January 1st 06 10:07 AM
FA: MALDEN BIKE BICYCLE PHOTO FRAME (NO RESERVE!) NICE! *** Alan257 Marketplace 0 December 25th 05 06:55 PM
Billy removes support from Peewee (seeXXXVII for a Laugh) Di Social Issues 3 October 29th 04 05:31 AM
How old were you when you got your first really nice bike? Brink General 43 November 13th 03 10:49 AM