Mountain biker tumbles 50 feet down Panorama Bluffs

Old April 21st 07, 04:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

Default Mountain biker tumbles 50 feet down Panorama Bluffs

Westie wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:
Mountain biker tumbles 50 feet down Panorama Bluffs
Last Update: Apr 5, 2007 7:26 PM

LOL!

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/1074638

Tourist Bus using designated paved roadway tumbles 75 feet down bluff.

Anyone can do it, Mike.

Plus, of course, the "source material" for hiker and motorist deaths is
about a thousand times bigger than for mountain biker deaths.

Bill "conservatively" S.

Old April 22nd 07, 07:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 08:21:20 -0700, "Bill Sornson"
wrote:

Westie wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:
Mountain biker tumbles 50 feet down Panorama Bluffs
Last Update: Apr 5, 2007 7:26 PM

LOL!

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/1074638

Tourist Bus using designated paved roadway tumbles 75 feet down bluff.

Anyone can do it, Mike.

Plus, of course, the "source material" for hiker and motorist deaths is
about a thousand times bigger than for mountain biker deaths.

Not per person or per outing. Mountain biking is MUCH more dangerous
than either of those.

Bill "conservatively" S.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old April 24th 07, 08:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Westie

wrote:

Westie wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:
Mountain biker tumbles 50 feet down Panorama Bluffs
Last Update: Apr 5, 2007 7:26 PM

LOL!

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/1074638

Tourist Bus using designated paved roadway tumbles 75 feet down bluff.

Anyone can do it, Mike.

Plus, of course, the "source material" for hiker and motorist deaths is
about a thousand times bigger than for mountain biker deaths.

Not per person or per outing. Mountain biking is MUCH more dangerous
than either of those.

I'm inclined to think that those forty tourists in that single bus would
say that this outing was more dangerous than mountain biking.

Then again, you should look at the deaths and injuries that have
happened to spectators at Speedway and deaths caused by and to
boy-racers in recent weeks - a handful killed and injured at a handful
of speedway meetings, and vehicles users killed and maimed left right
and center. I would say that proportionally motorized vehicles have
killed far more people than mountain biking this month! Lately in my
area, death by motorised vehicles = 40+, Death by mountain bike = 0

So when are you going to invite me to observe one of your speaking
engagements, Mike? If what you say is the truth, why are you so against
informing me of where and when you'll be speaking next? Is it because
you continue to fabricate the "speaking engagements" that you claim to have?
--
Westie
Old April 24th 07, 12:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Marz

On Apr 22, 2:01 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Not per person or per outing. Mountain biking is MUCH more dangerous
than either of those.

Wow, it must take some sort of genius to work out the mtbing is more
dangerous than riding the bus or walking.

Old April 24th 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

Westie wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:
Mountain biker tumbles 50 feet down Panorama Bluffs
Last Update: Apr 5, 2007 7:26 PM

LOL!

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/1074638

Tourist Bus using designated paved roadway tumbles 75 feet down bluff.

Anyone can do it, Mike.
Plus, of course, the "source material" for hiker and motorist deaths is
about a thousand times bigger than for mountain biker deaths.

Not per person or per outing. Mountain biking is MUCH more dangerous
than either of those.

I'm inclined to think that those forty tourists in that single bus would
say that this outing was more dangerous than mountain biking.

They weren't hiking. They were riding in a bus. Mountain biking is FAR
more dangerous than hiking.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old April 26th 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bob Magatagan

Check out COLORADO. Probably more mountain bikers consentrated per square
inch, but ALL I hear about is people lost, injured, or eaten while hiking.
Note: My Full Name.
oups.com...

Old April 26th 07, 05:35 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:57:08 -0600, "Bob Magatagan"
wrote:

Check out COLORADO. Probably more mountain bikers consentrated per square
inch, but ALL I hear about is people lost, injured, or eaten while hiking.

Irrelevant. Anecdotal evidence is not science.

Note: My Full Name.
roups.com...

Old April 26th 07, 01:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Marz

On Apr 25, 7:57 pm, "Bob Magatagan" wrote:
Check out COLORADO. Probably more mountain bikers consentrated per square
inch, but ALL I hear about is people lost, injured, or eaten while hiking.
Note: My Full Name."Marz" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Apr 22, 2:01 am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Not per person or per outing. Mountain biking is MUCH more dangerous
than either of those.

Wow, it must take some sort of genius to work out the mtbing is more
dangerous than riding the bus or walking.- Hide quoted text -

So you're saying that you think the chances of getting hurt while
hiking are higher than when you go mtbing? Are you able to walk and
chew gum at the same time or do you cycle like a wuss?

And I note the full name, so what, you live in Highlands Farm, CO and
it looks like your brother is a more active cyclist than you. I bet
Karen's faster than you too.

Old April 26th 07, 02:13 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bob Magatagan

That's all you came up with?..... some OLD info. I'm laughing too hard!
What's my favorite color!?
oups.com...

Old April 26th 07, 06:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Marz

On Apr 26, 9:13 am, "Bob Magatagan" wrote:
That's all you came up with?..... some OLD info. I'm laughing too hard!
What's my favorite color!?"Marz" wrote in message

And it was still too much info for me, I don't care. The point is why
do you think it's important to use your full name rather than a
nickname. It doesn't invoke any more trust in comments you may post.