My frame is better than yours!

Old April 28th 07, 05:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default My frame is better than yours!

On Apr 27, 5:02 pm, "Phil, Non-Squid"

I just won and I'm in love.

--
Phil

Wheeler might approve.

JD

Old April 28th 07, 05:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Phil, Non-Squid

?Slack wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:02:27 -0700, Phil, Non-Squid

I just won and I'm in love.

14" What are you a dwarf?

A little bit. I'm 1/2 way between 15" and 17", and I like my bikes really
stinkin' small...

Ever seen a road bike where the top of the rear wheel exceeds the height of
the top tube?

http://picasaweb.google.com/zeeexsix...33514846101586

Btw, my Giant kicks your Giant's ass
http://www.smartcycles.com/images/online1.gif

Can't argue there... What's your final build going to be?

--
Phil

Old April 28th 07, 05:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Phil, Non-Squid

Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
?Slack wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:02:27 -0700, Phil, Non-Squid

I just won and I'm in love.

14" What are you a dwarf?

A little bit. I'm 1/2 way between 15" and 17", and I like my bikes
really stinkin' small...

Ever seen a road bike where the top of the rear wheel exceeds the
height of the top tube?

http://picasaweb.google.com/zeeexsix...33514846101586

Plus I added some photos of the current cracked/rewelded/recracking frame
that I'm currently using with a singulator-type device, hence the new frame.
You can see how low the seatpost is...

--
Phil

Old April 28th 07, 06:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:41:23 -0700, Phil, Non-Squid
wrote:

?Slack wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:02:27 -0700, Phil, Non-Squid

I just won and I'm in love.

14" What are you a dwarf?

A little bit. I'm 1/2 way between 15" and 17", and I like my bikes
really
stinkin' small...

Ever seen a road bike where the top of the rear wheel exceeds the height
of
the top tube?

http://picasaweb.google.com/zeeexsix...33514846101586

Not without a circus clown attached to it I shouldn't talk, I like
small frames too.

Btw, my Giant kicks your Giant's ass
http://www.smartcycles.com/images/online1.gif

Can't argue there... What's your final build going to be?

Fork: Lyrik (had to toss the Bomber chicks out )
Wheels: Spinergy XYs
Brakes: Formula ?? (still kicking this one around)
Drive-train: Old XT setup from other bike (?)
Xtras: Hopey

I'm running low on funds right now so I'm cooling off... at least till
this semester is over at the end of next month
--
Slack - dieing to get back in the dirt!
Old April 29th 07, 03:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Carla A-G

On Apr 27, 9:02 pm, â–€Slack wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:02:27 -0700, Phil, Non-Squid

14" What are you a dwarf?

clearing throat

Uh, I think I'm the only dwarf around here...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old April 30th 07, 03:47 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Apr 28, 1:23Â*am, â–€Slack wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:41:23 -0700, Phil, Non-Squid Â*

wrote:
?Slack wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:02:27 -0700, Phil, Non-Squid

I just won and I'm in love.

14" What are you a dwarf?

A little bit. Â*I'm 1/2 way between 15" and 17", and I like my bikes Â*
really
stinkin' small...

Ever seen a road bike where the top of the rear wheel exceeds the height Â*
of
the top tube?

http://picasaweb.google.com/zeeexsix...ey=_s7_vHzSaBA....

Not without a circus clown attached to it Â* Â* I shouldn't talk, I like Â*
small frames too.

Btw, my Giant kicks your Giant's ass
http://www.smartcycles.com/images/online1.gif

Can't argue there... Â*What's your final build going to be?

Fork: Lyrik (had to toss the Bomber chicks out Â* Â*)
Wheels: Spinergy XYs
Brakes: Formula ?? Â*(still kicking this one around)
Drive-train: Old XT setup from other bike (?)
Xtras: Hopey

I'm running low on funds right now so I'm cooling off... at least till Â*
this semester is over at the end of next month
--
Slack - dieing to get back in the dirt!- Hide quoted text -

Hope the Lyrik works out for you. Interesting choice considering the
predisposition towards almost anything BUT RockShox in this NG. That
Giant frame is pretty elaborate.

/s

Old April 30th 07, 04:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Phil, Non-Squid wrote:

I just won and I'm in love.

Cool! Looks nice. I heart horizontal dropouts.

Matt
Old April 30th 07, 09:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Apr 30, 7:47 am, Scott Gordo wrote:
Hope the Lyrik works out for you. Interesting choice considering the
predisposition towards almost anything BUT RockShox in this NG.

From what I can tell, they have been shaping up compared to what their

crap used to be. Even so, they have a lot of catching up to do.

JD Bomberhood co-founder

Old April 30th 07, 09:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G Wood

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
Phil, Non-Squid wrote:

I just won and I'm in love.

14"?!?!?! WTF? And I thought I was a midget. Should be cool. I miss
the days of being able to ride a singlespeed in the flatlands. Nah, I
don't.

If it wasn't so politically incorrect, I'd make some bad joke about a Giant
Midget. Or vice versa.
Told you it would be bad...

Old April 30th 07, 09:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

G Wood wrote:
"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

Phil, Non-Squid wrote:

I just won and I'm in love.

14"?!?!?! WTF? And I thought I was a midget. Should be cool. I miss
the days of being able to ride a singlespeed in the flatlands. Nah, I
don't.

If it wasn't so politically incorrect, I'd make some bad joke about a Giant
Midget. Or vice versa.
Told you it would be bad...

It's like the big guy whose nickname is Tiny.