BMW 09 - The British MUni Weekend

Old December 3rd 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joe

Default BMW 09 - The British MUni Weekend

I am delighted to announce

BMW 09

Hosted by 'JUST' (http://justonline.org.uk)

The first of this years British Muni Weekends will be held on

FRIDAY 27TH FEBRUARY TO SUNDAY 1ST MARCH

HAMSTERLEY FOREST, COUNTY DURHAM.[/b]

[b]LOCATION:
'Hamsterley Forest' (http://tinyurl.com/2pvzde) is a Forestry
Commission Forest with 2000 hectares of mixed woodland lying between the
Wear and Tees valleys on the edge of the North Pennines Area of
Outstanding Natural Beauty.

RIDING:
The forest boast some of the 'best riding'
(http://www.hamsterley-trailblazers.co.uk/) in the region with a mixture
of gentle trails and exciting single track which will stretch the best
of Muni riders. There is also a MTB training loop which is VERY
entertaining.

HOW TO GET THE
Hamsterley is easily accessible by car and is sign posted from the
A68.
If you’re travelling by train, the closest station is Darlington.
For those flying in, either Newcastle or Durham Tees airport would be
the best option.
There is also a ferry route which runs from Amsterdam to Newcastle. The
port is 44 miles from Hamsterley forest.
Please contact me if you require picking up from train stations or
airports.
'Car Directions' (http://tinyurl.com/2pvzde)
The post code for use with SatNav: DL13 3NL
Please note that you will be charged £3 per day to use the car park.

ACCOMMODATION:
We have 'Hamsterley Forest Outdoor Centre,'
(http://www.woodcraft.org.uk/centres/hamsterley/) which has five
dormitories, together providing thirty beds. There are male and female
toilets/washrooms, and the centre (which is single storey). There is
full gas central heating making the centre warm and comfortable all the
year round. The large kitchen is fully equipped, and there is also a
washing machine and tumble drier. You will need to bring your own
bedding or sleeping bags.

EVENTS:
Multiple Muni rides for all abilities (short double or single tracks...
of varying roughness), Night rides, Muni games and competitions.

TIMES:
The centre opens at 3:00pm on Friday and has to be cleared by Sunday at
4:00pm.

T-SHIRTS:
T-Shirts will be available at BMW, and will be £10 each. Please specify
on booking form how many you require of each size. They will be standard
men’s size.
Design to follow...

COST:
This will be £25 per person, for 2 nights stay. We will provide dinner
on Friday and Saturday, breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, and food to
make yourself a packed lunch for Saturday and Sunday.
There is no charge for those who wish to come just for the day,
although a £5 donation would be much appreciated.

HOW TO REGISTER:
As there are so few beds available it will be dealt with on a first
come first served basis. Camping will also be available, please specify
if you wish to camp when booking.
A £10 deposit is required to secure your place. Cheques to be made
payable to Stockton Unicycle and Juggling Club.

Please print off a 'booking form' (http://tinyurl.com/57lqko) and send
it to:
BMW 09
c/o Unicycle.com,
The Grange Business Centre,
Belasis Avenue,
Billingham.
TS23 1LG

MORE INFO REQUIRED?
Contact Joe via e-mail joe(at)unicycle.uk.com

--
joe

'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)

[ C E N T E R ] ' N U T S - T r i a l s a n d M U n i w e e
k e n d
1 s t N o v e m b e r
M a c c l e s f i e l d ' ( h t t p : / / t i n y u r l . c o m / 3
q z 5 k t ) [ / C E N T E R ]
Old December 3rd 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
paul royle

Awesome! I'll be there Joe.

--
paul royle
Old December 3rd 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lowlight

BRILLIANT! sounds ace, i'll be there too

--
lowlight
Old December 3rd 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

I'd really like too, although I'm rubbish at Muni.

--
cathwood

Cathy
Old December 3rd 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

that sounds pretty cool... I doubt I'll have the money, time or parents
to allow me to go though

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you?
*
*"You must have shot an awefull lot of tigers sir"
"Yes... I used a machine gun!"
* *
**
*
Old December 3rd 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SamGoodburn

Thats at the very north of England, I live at the very.. very south..
long way travel!

--
SamGoodburn

very creative sig.
Old December 4th 08, 11:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
redwelly

Woo, yes please.

--
redwelly

'*Unicycle.com*'
(http://www.unicycle.com)
Old December 4th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Cool. I haven't made it to any of the north-east meetings yet - have to
make an effort to get to this one. Hamsterley sounds like a good place,
although a bit rodentish. We'll have to organise some south-west meets
in Rattery, Mousehole or Ottery to balance things out

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old December 4th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sarah.miller

SamGoodburn;1142526 wrote:
Thats at the very north of England, I live at the very.. very south..
long way travel!

Ho hum Sam, however you will have BUC quite close to you in April...
Some good Muni around Okehamton.

--
sarah.miller

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
Old December 4th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
critter

rob.northcott;1142856 wrote:
Cool. although a bit rodentish.
Rob

Rodentish? ain't in my dictionary

--
critter

MUni! The closest I'll ever get to bull riding!

British MUni Weekend 07 joe Unicycling 14 July 28th 07 04:24 PM
British Muni Weekend. Whos going? amanda.gallacher Unicycling 67 June 11th 05 05:14 PM
british muni weekend Butty Unicycling 2 June 8th 05 06:01 PM
British Muni weekend Sarah Miller Unicycling 0 September 21st 03 10:00 PM
British Muni Weekend 2003 - 3rd-5th October joemarshall Unicycling 10 September 12th 03 01:26 AM