Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old December 26th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TimeTraveler

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Buretto;1155421 wrote:
PS, *TimeTraveler*, I just noticed you posted about recumbents... you
wouldn't by any chance be "The Bicycle Man," would you?

I'm not 'http://bicycleman.com/' (The Bicycle Man)
I teach physics and Astronomy and Science in Science Fiction. There
are three students that ride unis, two sophomores and a senior. There
are some kids in town who ride too.

With the Bicycle Man in town, people around here are used to seeing
weird bikes.

David DeGraff

--
TimeTraveler
Old December 27th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Dandelion

I haven't had any comments yet, but I went for my first proper ride
today (I've only been riding for 2 days so far). I only went for a short
ride to the bike shop to get some shin pads, but I was surprised at how
many people just sat there like as I rode past.

--
Dandelion
Old December 27th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

I may have made this response before, but it's still fun to say...

As I'm approaching a couple of hikers, one of them alerts the other
that I am about to pass, and says:

"Here comes a bike!"

And as I pass by I reply, "You're half right!"

--
MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old December 27th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
McNerdius[_2_]

a few kids were playing with their nerf stuff... ran over to me as i
was crossing the parking lot... asked me "Is that easy ?" and before i
could open my mouth they turned and ran away. I figured they'd have
been just a touch more intruiged... odd.

--
McNerdius
Old January 16th 09, 09:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

A guy walking his dog told me "that's some special talent" while I was
riding downtown. It seems that almost every dog I encounter, they are
deathly afraid of the unicycle.

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*