Tips for first overnight camping MTB trip

Old August 16th 03, 03:23 PM
Malvern_star

Default Tips for first overnight camping MTB trip

Trevor S wrote:
Best of luck ! I am a virgin at doing it on a bike (so to speak) so
just wanted to see if there was anything obvious I had not thought of.
--
Trevor S
-Albert Einstein

You'll forget something

You won't really know you've forgotten it until..........

after .......

you've done a ........

sloppy.............

****.

Old August 16th 03, 04:52 PM
Chris Baird

snip-----
"Regular coffee and tea drinkers become accustomed to caffeine and
lose little, if any, fluid. In a study published in the October
issue of the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, "
snip ----

Hmm.. I've been a hardcore tea drinker for 20+ years, and I always
need to visit the dunny ~45 minutes after a cup..

Maybe Australian bladders are a little different.

--
Chris,,

Old August 16th 03, 05:00 PM
Chris Baird

Take a real compass as well...GPS is great, even if you take two,
but you never know...

I ended up buying a Palm M105 PDA rather than the Sharp Zaraus I was
drooling over a while back, and I'm now using a program called
"SunAngle" for when I (admittedly rarely) need a compass bearing.

Thankfully the program provides the source code (ya GPL!), and
something I'd like to do is hack it to give a compass bearing from
the Moon, for obvious reasons.

--
Chris,,