Vistalite nightstick charger help

Old July 27th 03, 07:10 AM
benmatt

Default Vistalite nightstick charger help

Hi everyone, this be my first post. I've ordered a Vistalite over the
net fron the states, it's arrived and of course has a different
charger, rated at the US 120 volts as opposed to our 240. Where do I
stand as far as getting the charger to work? I;ve got an adapter so
it'll fit in the power point but I don't wanna use it just yet, as I've
no wish to toast it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben

Old July 27th 03, 07:32 PM
Al User

Try these,
http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MF1091
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...uct/View/M1155
http://www.korjo.com.au:80//product....UWV6NJ5E5V3TR7
Considering an appropriate Step-down voltage converter will be $49 or more,
It'd probably be cheaper to replace the charger with one designed for 240V.

Alan Erskine wrote:
"benmatt" wrote in message

Hi everyone, this be my first post. I've ordered a Vistalite over the
net fron the states, it's arrived and of course has a different
charger, rated at the US 120 volts as opposed to our 240. Where do I
stand as far as getting the charger to work? I;ve got an adapter so
it'll fit in the power point but I don't wanna use it just yet, as I've
no wish to toast it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben

Go to a travel shop and see if they have a 120/240 adaptor - you may have to
order it as the 'normal' would be 240/120 in Australia (going from Australia
to US would be 240/120 change), but ask first.

--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Old July 28th 03, 03:40 AM
troyq

benmatt wrote:
Hi everyone, this be my first post. I've ordered a Vistalite over the
net fron the states, it's arrived and of course has a different
charger, rated at the US 120 volts as opposed to our 240. Where do I
stand as far as getting the charger to work? I;ve got an adapter so
it'll fit in the power point but I don't wanna use it just yet, as I've
no wish to toast it!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Ben

If you were thinking of getting another battery anyway (I did the same
thing), then the easiest way is to puchase a battery/charger combo from
somewhere like phantom cycles (around $79 + delivery).

Obviously it will mean you have 1 charger for 2 batt. but how often do
you need to charge 2 at once anyway?!? (24hr races may be the exception)

Old July 28th 03, 04:12 AM
Phil

Dick Smith will sell you a transformer to convert 240v to 110v.
I think the cost is about $40

Old July 28th 03, 04:30 AM
Alan Erskine

(top post)

'nother suggestion is to return it to the supplier as it's not compatible
with Australian current.