"Look" Cleats - Little Rubber Thingies

Old August 21st 03, 06:48 AM
NickZX6R

Default "Look" Cleats - Little Rubber Thingies

Andrew Swan wrote:
My "Look" brand cleats each have a little rubber insert (technically
speaking, a "thingy") that squeaks when I pedal. This is starting to
p*** off my fellow riders. Do I:

(a) find more tolerant people to ride with
(b) remove the little rubber thingies (does anyone/everyone else do this)
(c) work out why my feet move around when I pedal (and is this bad?)

As far as I can tell, the LRT's are there to stop you slipping A over T
when walking around, but I wear cleat covers when off the bike, so this
is a non-reason in my case. Is there another reason?

TIA,

&roo

AFAIK, the LTRs are there to provide cushioning between the pedal
and the cleat.

One of my LRTs deteriorated until I eventually pulled it out of the
cleat. After that the cleat would rattle around in the pedal.

The answer is (d): get new cleats

Cheers.
--
Nick

Old August 22nd 03, 01:19 PM
Scotty

yeah give em a clean if you can...I use a silicon spray to stop any squeaks
and wipe off any grit/dirt that gets on them

"Andrew Swan" wrote in message
NickZX6R wrote:
AFAIK, the LTRs are there to provide cushioning between the pedal
and the cleat.

One of my LRTs deteriorated until I eventually pulled it out of the
cleat. After that the cleat would rattle around in the pedal.

The answer is (d): get new cleats

Cheers.

Hmm, yes, upon inspecting the cleats closer last night (while performing
a double LRT-ectomy, in fact), I noticed that a groove had worn into the
plastic of each cleat, matching the outer of the two thin rails that
join the main pedal body to the nose. Maybe it's this worn area that is
squeaking and not the LRTs. I guess I'll find out next time I go for a
ride (which is a time trial on Saturday - maybe I'll put them back just
to be safe).

&roo

Shoes and Cleats Roger Zoul General 43 August 9th 04 12:44 AM
Newbie question: cleats on recumbents FLM Recumbent Biking 16 May 20th 04 01:53 AM
Quickest Release Cleats? Edward Holt Mountain Biking 13 November 12th 03 11:16 AM