Young Woman on Bike

Old May 27th 05, 07:44 PM
Maggie

Default Young Woman on Bike

I just passed a young woman on her bike who was probably in her middle
twenties. I was coming back from getting lunch. I walked to the deli,
near the dreaded hill.

She was riding with no helmet, short shorts, a tiny itsy bitsy tank top
and she was listening to music from her headphones.

She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.

I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
that hill make me feel so damn old?

She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).

I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
gracefully. Ripping her hair out sure wouldn't have been graceful. ;-)

I am the mother of a beautiful 27 year old woman....I should know
better than to react like that. What the hell is wrong with me? I
think I have issues. ;-) YA THINK????

How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of
the brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG
AND HOT?

Maggie....The older woman.

"The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age
But that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything"

Old May 27th 05, 08:25 PM

Men just get better. We become wiser yet can still compete physically
all while maintaining our reproductive ability.

Old May 27th 05, 08:33 PM
Will

Maggie wrote:

She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.

She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape. She was riding
without any effort up that dreaded hill, her long brown youthful hair
flying behind her headset. (I do admire the beauty of youth).

Perhaps her age had nothing to do with it. Perhaps she's in great shape
and can climb the hill because SHE RIDES A LOT. My wife used to worry
about hills, then she had that moment of mental clarity... "This is
what gears are for." Now she just spins and smiles (as she passes the
younger women who are beautiful and don't ride as much).

Ride the hill everyday for a week or two. You'll see...

Old May 27th 05, 08:41 PM
Joe Canuck

Maggie wrote:

[...]

Perhaps she was going up the hill in granny gear, the one you huff 'n
puff in on the flats.

Seriously, did you check the gear?

Old May 27th 05, 08:48 PM
Rich

Maggie wrote:

She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.

She was a beautiful young woman. And in great shape.

I guess we all have our time to be young.....and a time to age
gracefully. Ripping her hair out sure wouldn't have been graceful. ;-)

"Young" and "fit" are not synonymous. And neither are "old" and "unfit".

I'm guessing there are many individuals, both male and female, that are
older then you and can ride up the "dreaded hill". And many that are
younger that cannot.

Just ride. And soon enough you'll be in the group that can ride up the
hill. And for motivation you can go read some of the posts made late
last fall by someone named "Maggie" about how great exercising made her
feel.

Rich
Old May 27th 05, 08:56 PM
wafflycat

"Maggie" wrote in message
oups.com...

I wanted to rip her off the bike and pull her hair out. IS THAT A
NORMAL REACTION FOR A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN????? Why would her ease on
that hill make me feel so damn old?

Oh yes. I have a simple credo in life, I loathe all women younger, slimmer &
prettier than me. Of course I can always remind them that one day, they too
shall be as I am thanks to Issac Newton: it's all his fault. Just let them
wait until the day they take off their bras & their knees bruise... just let
them wait.. Then I shall cackle with glee ;-)

Cheers, helen s
(Wot, me twisted & bitter???)

Old May 27th 05, 08:59 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 27 May 2005 11:44:26 -0700, "Maggie"
wrote in message
.com:

She was going up the "dreaded hill". She was doing it quite easily.

And you can do that, too. Learn to spin. Low gears, good cadence,
and take it one revolution at a time.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old May 27th 05, 09:01 PM
Maggie

Men just get better. We become wiser yet can still compete physically
all while maintaining our reproductive ability.

THE ABOVE PROVES MY POINT. It never changes. There is brain damage in
men. Middle age Men Alert:.... you do not look the same as you did
when you were in your 20's. Your brain is not operating properly and
you can't see yourself getting older. I'll never figure out why men
are like this. My husband is 59 and he still thinks he is 25. Thinks
he hasn't changed a bit. YEA DUH!!!!!

He is in excellent physical shape from exercising all his life, but he
sure does not look like the 26 year old guy I married. Unless I was in
a purple haze when I took my wedding vows.

Men...Liten up...25 is not 45. IT'S JUST NOT!!!! Get your college
yearbook out. DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU LOOK THE SAME. This fascinates
me.

Maggie.
Can tell the difference between a 25 year old man and a 45 year old
man. YEP I CAN!!!!!

Old May 27th 05, 09:27 PM
Bryan

"Maggie" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
[...]

Ah, there's the difference... Men don't care how they look!

Old May 27th 05, 09:42 PM
ookook

How come older men never seem to envy young men. Every guy I talk to
past 40 thinks he is still 20. NOTE THE WORD "THINKS" HE IS STILL 20.
Because I look at them and see middle aged. Is it because a part of
the brain is damaged in men and they see themselves as FOREVER YOUNG
AND HOT?

Because older men know how difficult it was to get any attention from
women when they were young and penniless.

Women have to look good to be attractive to men. Men merely have to
have some money to be attractive to women. That's why you can easily
find young attractive women with old, wealthy men, and why you rarely
find the opposite. When a woman has money, she no longer has need of
any man, young or old.

Don't complain to me about it. It's millions of years of evolution at
work. Men want fertile, attractive females, and females want men who
can provide for their offspring. Marriage was invented to keep older
women from having to support themselves when they are no longer
attractive to men.