RBR Gods

Old August 3rd 03, 07:23 PM
Steven Bornfeld

Default RBR Gods

Bruce Johnston wrote:
Ok, since the theme has been stirred up, I have always wondered too. Who are
the RBR gods? What is the pecking order? Can anyone provide a list of the
top five? At least you can get an idea about rank and status. It's not
personal, just out of pure interest? Does knowledge fit into it? Then where
would Maso and Coggan fit? Or is it based on who is most active with best
data?

Assuming that we know who runs the pack, who are the subordinate gods after
supreme ruler?

My guess and its just speculation...

2. Pap
3. Carl
4. Tritonrider
5. Bikerecker

But if pure knowledge is priority then Sundquist, Maso and Coggan would be
right up there. There are quite a few others but who would they be?

B-

I'm only just starting to learn who the players are. I haven't really
followed racing too much the past 15 years or so; Carl is the only
regular poster whose name I know independently. I remember him as
national track team, pursuiter IIRC; I also notice that, like the other
top racers I've met, he doesn't need to BS anyone. It was the perpetual
cat IIIs that would razz the non-racers for having hairy legs.
I have an image of Benjo hangin with Bartali, Bobet and the other
greats. He's obviously educated and doesn't need to insult anyone.
Henry and Tom are trying hard to make people think they're adolescent,
but they're too mature and can't cut it.
I've never seen so many guys use "asswipe" and "dumbass" as terms of
endearment.

Steve

Old August 3rd 03, 07:33 PM
Bart

"Ken Papai" wrote
Bart used to be really informative but something happened there about a

year
ago.
I think he burned out.

Ken I put this on the "things I learned on RBR"-list ?

Old August 3rd 03, 07:39 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 01:01:58 GMT, Ken Papai wrote:
Bart used to be really informative but something happened
there about a year ago. I think he burned out.

He got married. Actually, it's Jeff's fault. CN is doing all the
reporting now.
Old August 3rd 03, 09:35 PM
Tim Mullin

"Bruce Johnston" wrote in message

Assuming that we know who runs the pack, who are the subordinate gods

after
supreme ruler?

The only one you cite who belongs on the list is:

3. Carl

The list of others deserving consideration is very short. OMC, Laudien,
Lieswyn, Sharon Peters, and anyone named Carney. The lesser dieties woud be
JFT X000, Schmantz, The BenSharp 4, and Mike "check out my other autions"
Jones. Of course, should Andrew ever abandon his quest to become the next
Tiger Woods and return to bicycle racing, all bets are off.

Old August 4th 03, 04:14 PM
OMC

" Tim Mullin" wrote in message rthlink.net...
"Bruce Johnston" wrote in message

Assuming that we know who runs the pack, who are the subordinate gods

after
supreme ruler?

The only one you cite who belongs on the list is:

3. Carl

The list of others deserving consideration is very short. OMC, Laudien,
Lieswyn, Sharon Peters, and anyone named Carney. The lesser dieties woud be
JFT X000, Schmantz, The BenSharp 4, and Mike "check out my other autions"
Jones. Of course, should Andrew ever abandon his quest to become the next
Tiger Woods and return to bicycle racing, all bets are off.

Does anyone miss Brian Lafferty ? I'm sure he will show up around
worlds this year with his insight into USAC. I heard a rumor that
Scott Patton and Lafferty are really best of friends and now have a
condo together in Aspen. They both deserve to be on a RBR "list" of
some sort. Papai gets my vote as supreme ruler with Kunich as his
bitch.

OMC
Old August 4th 03, 04:17 PM
warren

In article , JTN
wrote:

1. rhonde champ the original
what happened to him. irritating but entertaining as hell.... I enjoy
laughing over learning any day.....

2. leiswyn, you actually get something out of his "literature".

3. ken papai, (most improved groupie) when I started reading this group ****
he was the biggest idiot of em all. now he has lived up to his new years
resolution and found a spot for all of his testosterone and is a positive
input. good personality move KP.

He got married.

-WG
Old August 4th 03, 08:53 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"OMC" wrote in message
om...
" Tim Mullin" wrote in message

rthlink.net...
"Bruce Johnston" wrote in message

Assuming that we know who runs the pack, who are the subordinate gods

after
supreme ruler?

The only one you cite who belongs on the list is:

3. Carl

The list of others deserving consideration is very short. OMC, Laudien,
Lieswyn, Sharon Peters, and anyone named Carney. The lesser dieties woud

be
JFT X000, Schmantz, The BenSharp 4, and Mike "check out my other

autions"
Jones. Of course, should Andrew ever abandon his quest to become the

next
Tiger Woods and return to bicycle racing, all bets are off.

Does anyone miss Brian Lafferty ?

Unfortunately he's still around and still appears to dislike bike racing.

Old August 5th 03, 07:01 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

****
he was the biggest idiot of em all. now he has lived up to his new

years
resolution and found a spot for all of his testosterone and is a

positive
input. good personality move KP.

He got married.

More than two years ago and I
COULD NOT HAVE made a better move.

-kjp

For the newbies:

Pappy was going out on his first date with this woman. For some really,
really dumb reason, he queried RBR for first date advice.

The best was from J. Verheul, who advised him to: "pound it like there's no
tommorrow" so that Pappy's libido would be sated and he wouldn't be too
forward (trying to get laid).

The rest is history. Pappy married that woman.

See? RBR isn't completely useless.

K. Gringioni
RBR official historian