Why Hincapie Will Never Be Considered a Champion

Old March 21st 09, 07:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Why Hincapie Will Never Be Considered a Champion

How come Lance's bikes never broke on him once in like 9 Tours de
France?
Champions make sure their equipment doesn't break. Hincapie is
evidently not
a champion.

Thanks,

Magilla

George had crashed earlier in the race, damaging the fork. It was
George's call to stay on that bike; his DS (don't recall if it was
Bruyneel) wanted him off the bike.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message
Bret wrote:

On Mar 20, 11:34 pm, "K. Gringioni" wrote:
On Mar 20, 10:26 pm, Bret wrote:

On Mar 20, 11:10 pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:

On Mar 20, 10:39 pm, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7iGl1-psQQ

37 seconds

Thanks,

Magilla

dumbass,

this picture says it all.

http://images.apple.com/uk/pro/profi...s/gallery3.jpg

when hinault crashed in PR he got up and won the race.

He had a serious shoulder injury that day after his steer tube
failed.
I'm surprised that you don't know that. Sometimes (downgraded
from
usually) you seem to know what you're talking about.

Dumbass -

You've got bike-racer-excuse-making disease don't you?

See the last word in the thread title? Champion.

He's gotta win that race first.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

GH was on a very good day that day and then his steer tube broke.
Using that photo as evidence that he's not a champion is ignorant.
I'm
surprised that you don't know that because you sometimes seem to know
what you're talking about.

Bret

Old March 21st 09, 08:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

On Mar 20, 10:26*pm, Bret wrote:

[...]

He was the fifth loser.

A "champion" wins.

He targets it every year and never wins it.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
(not a champion)
Old March 21st 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

How come Lance's bikes never broke on him once in like 9 Tours de
France?
Champions make sure their equipment doesn't break. Hincapie is
evidently not
a champion.

Thanks,

Magilla

George had crashed earlier in the race, damaging the fork. It was
George's call to stay on that bike; his DS (don't recall if it was
Bruyneel) wanted him off the bike.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Like I said, Lance never lost the Tour de France because of a bad decision
like that.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old March 21st 09, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

On Mar 20, 10:26*pm, Bret wrote:

[...]

Everybody is having a good day until they lose. George lost.

How come Lance never had a bad day in 7 Tours...23 stages x 7 Tours.....and
not one bad day?

George causes his own bad luck with bad decisions and poor judgment..

Thanks,

Magilla

Old March 21st 09, 04:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Bret wrote:

On Mar 21, 12:01*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Bret wrote:
On Mar 20, 8:39*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7iGl1-psQQ

37 seconds

Thanks,

Magilla

He ended 6th that day, a very respectable result.

If Lance got 6th in the Tour he would be found two weeks later dead in
his garage with the car engine running and some pool filter tubing
hooked up to his muffler and duct-taped into his car's interior.

Magilla

Riders who do well but not great are subject to ridicule by you. Not
because you speak truth, but because of the structure of your limited
brand of humor. I will say the Papai-Godzilla joke was pretty good
though.

Bret

Thanks,

Magilla

Old March 21st 09, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
George had crashed earlier in the race, damaging the fork. It was George's
call to stay on that bike; his DS (don't recall if it was Bruyneel) wanted
him off the bike.

The moral of the story is listen to your DS (especially if its Bruyneel).

Old March 21st 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Donald Munro wrote:

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
George had crashed earlier in the race, damaging the fork. It was George's
call to stay on that bike; his DS (don't recall if it was Bruyneel) wanted
him off the bike.

The moral of the story is listen to your DS (especially if its Bruyneel).

He should only do that if his DS is Patrick Lefevere.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old March 21st 09, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

K. Gringioni wrote:

Dumbass -

You've got bike-racer-excuse-making disease don't you?

Dumbass,

I know several people in their 40's and 50's whose careers have gone
nowhere. They complain about the opportunities that haven't come their
way and the barriers created by others.

These people don't even own bikes.
Old March 22nd 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
critposer

On Mar 20, 10:26*pm, Bret wrote:

[...]

What's your latest excuse? What's a loser/never been/hater/OTB yip-yap
like yourself passing judgement on anyone?
Old March 22nd 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
critposer

On Mar 21, 1:00*am, "K. Gringioni" wrote:

K. Gringioni.
(not a champion)

Add me to the "not a champion" list, too. And where's the quote from
GH where he calls himself a champion? Yet another MG hater thread. The
fact that GH even started this race elevates him in the bicycle racing
food chain above anyone who posts here.