Vanderkitten

Old March 23rd 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Default Vanderkitten

Amit Ghosh wrote:

On Mar 22, 6:38*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

* * *McDonough said Sparks was brought on even though his hiring
* * *broke a USOC rule prohibiting coaches from engaging in
* * *ìsexual/romantic relationships with athletes or other
* * *participants over whom the coach has evaluative, direct or
* * *indirect authority.î

dumbass,

a very large percentage of female riders are romantically linked to
their coaches. i don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing,
but it is a reality.

gov. bodies have to acknowledge it and design their policies
accordingly.

USOC policy supersedes NGB policy.

Magilla

Old March 23rd 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Susan Walker wrote:

Amit Ghosh wrote:
a very large percentage of female riders are romantically linked to
their coaches. i don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing,
but it is a reality.

Not just riders, all sports. Lots of women mistake attention for
affection, lots of coaches don't turn down fit pussy.

Well, evidently, ****ing the coach sure didn't help Sarah Hammer at the
Olympics.

http://sarahhammer.us

She still has yet to take down the "Future Gold Medalist" nonsense. And
she uses a domain that ends in "us" as if to reinforce the Olympics
nonsense.

Magilla

Old March 23rd 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:58:32 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:41:22 +0100, Susan Walker
wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
You got Mirjan van Melchers team run by her ****ed-up husband.

Not anymore, he's DS for Cervélo now.

That explains a lot of their recent success.

Their success has little to do with him. Try Emma Pooley.

Whoa, I knew she was really good but this riding is superb:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?...ruscalivorno09

I'm not sure she has much competition though; in the photo below, the
riders seem to be randomly scattered on the roadway. I'll forgive
ignorance of the rather-complex idea that the shortest distance through
a corner is on the inside.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...rno09/IMG_4184

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old March 23rd 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Susan Walker" wrote in message
Amit Ghosh wrote:
a very large percentage of female riders are romantically linked to
their coaches. i don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing,
but it is a reality.

Not just riders, all sports. Lots of women mistake attention for
affection, lots of coaches don't turn down fit pussy.

I was going to point out pretty much the same thing, as it's very common
in Track & Field. But perhaps not quite as bluntly.

Old March 23rd 09, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...rno09/IMG_4184

Ah wait, now I get the Pooley reference. No, Van Poppel is DS for the
Cervélo men's team.
Old March 23rd 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
You got Mirjan van Melchers team run by her ****ed-up husband.

Not anymore, he's DS for Cervélo now.

That explains a lot of their recent success.

Their success has little to do with him. Try Emma Pooley.

Whoa, I knew she was really good but this riding is superb:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?...ruscalivorno09

I'm not sure she has much competition though; in the photo below, the
riders seem to be randomly scattered on the roadway. I'll forgive
ignorance of the rather-complex idea that the shortest distance through
a corner is on the inside.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...rno09/IMG_4184

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

You do realize the riders in that photo are all former world champions including1
current Olympic gold medalist, and 1 current cross world champion:

Kristin Armstrong (USA) Cervelo Test Team
Marianne Vos (Ned) Dutch National Team
Susanne Ljungskog (Swe) Team Flexpoint
Nicole Brändli (Swi) Bigla Cycling Team

Thanks,

Magilla

Old March 23rd 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
You got Mirjan van Melchers team run by her ****ed-up husband.

Not anymore, he's DS for Cervélo now.

That explains a lot of their recent success.

Their success has little to do with him. Try Emma Pooley.

Whoa, I knew she was really good but this riding is superb:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?...ruscalivorno09

I'm not sure she has much competition though; in the photo below, the
riders seem to be randomly scattered on the roadway. I'll forgive
ignorance of the rather-complex idea that the shortest distance through a
corner is on the inside.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...rno09/IMG_4184

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Pooley bested an excellent field, including climber Nicole Brandli, Marianne
Vos, Susanne Ljungskog, Linda Villumsen and Claudia Hausler by making a
number of smaller attacks on the climb, until she finally fractured the
group and reaching the summit with five kilometers to the finish. She then
crashed which allowed the field to catch up, but attacked again and soloed
in alone for the victory. Clearly that was a gutsy solo win with road rash
to show for her efforts. Don't forget other stellar riders in the field
including Emma Johansson, Noemi Cantele and team mate Kristin Armstrong.
Pooley is the real deal, not a great descender, and thus the crash, but she
won in spectacular fashion.

Old March 23rd 09, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

I'm not sure she has much competition though; in the photo below, the
riders seem to be randomly scattered on the roadway. I'll forgive
ignorance of the rather-complex idea that the shortest distance
through
a corner is on the inside.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.ph...rno09/IMG_4184

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

You do realize the riders in that photo are all former world champions
including1
current Olympic gold medalist, and 1 current cross world champion:

Kristin Armstrong (USA) Cervelo Test Team
Marianne Vos (Ned) Dutch National Team
Susanne Ljungskog (Swe) Team Flexpoint
Nicole Brändli (Swi) Bigla Cycling Team

Thanks,

Magilla

I know. It's just a very funny photo if you really look at it.

Old March 23rd 09, 05:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Mar 22, 8:22*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Mar 22, 6:38*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

* * *McDonough said Sparks was brought on even though his hiring
* * *broke a USOC rule prohibiting coaches from engaging in
* * *ìsexual/romantic relationships with athletes or other
* * *participants over whom the coach has evaluative, direct or
* * *indirect authority.î

dumbass,

a very large percentage of female riders are romantically linked to
their coaches. i don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing,
but it is a reality.

gov. bodies have to acknowledge it and design their policies
accordingly.

USOC policy supersedes NGB policy.

Magilla

dumbass,

i was talking about gov. bodies in general.

if operations (say team selection or allocation of resources) can be
corrupted by personal relationship (it could be parent-child
relationship too) the policy should be changed to fix it.