Milano-Sanremo

Old March 18th 09, 11:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

Default Milano-Sanremo

Are we making predictions for this race?

1. Van Avermaet

Andre
Old March 18th 09, 12:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

On Mar 18, 4:19*am, Andre wrote:
Are we making predictions for this race?

Dumbass -

Cavendish gets dropped before the summit of the Poggio.

fearlessly,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 18th 09, 01:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On Mar 18, 8:52*am, "K. Gringioni" wrote:
On Mar 18, 4:19*am, Andre wrote:

Are we making predictions for this race?

Dumbass -

Cavendish gets dropped before the summit of the Poggio.

fearlessly,

K. Gringioni.

1. Gilbert
2. Pozzato
3. Boonen

It'll all happen on the poggio
Old March 18th 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Mar 18, 7:19*am, Andre wrote:
Are we making predictions for this race?

1. Van Avermaet

* * *Andre

haussler and bennati are climbing strong for sprinters
Old March 18th 09, 01:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:19:01 -0700 (PDT), Andre
wrote:

Are we making predictions for this race?

It won't be as good as we all remember it.

And I'll pick Cavendish only because everyone is giving him a hard
time and figuring his real sophomore season will a let down.

Actually, no, since he said he isn't ready to win it yet. I'm assuming
Tyler Farrar is included (I haven't seen a teams' roster yet) and this
is the time to pick a surprise, especially since it looks to me like a
lot of the strong teams will be supporting their chosen leader rather
than the person who is riding strongest right now (Boonen's team comes
to mind - I pick Boonen to be the one dropped before the last small
climb).

Tyler Farrar wins with Boonen and Cavendish both retiring - Cavendish
by plan and Boonen by surprise, but too late for Chavanel.

With luck, everyone will have forgotten these by the time the season
starts in July.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old March 18th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Andre wrote:
Are we making predictions for this race?

Petacchi

Old March 18th 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

wrote:
[...]

July?? The TDF is the culmination of the season...fo me anyway. Farrar
is a good pick; he's riding strong.

Andre
Old March 18th 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 07:50:41 -0700 (PDT), Andre
wrote:

July?? The TDF is the culmination of the season...fo me anyway. Farrar
is a good pick; he's riding strong.

And next you're going to say that LA isn't the best bicycle racer in
history. I know your type.

Curtis L. Russell
Slow days are troll days...
Old March 18th 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

curtis wrote:
And next you're going to say that LA isn't the best bicycle racer in
history. I know your type.

Curtis L. Russell
Slow days are troll days...

And Boy George wasn't one of the best presidents in the history
of the US.

Old March 18th 09, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Rick[_10_]

Cavendish gets dropped but Boonen doesn't? shaah, right.