CAVEDICK

Old March 21st 09, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Default CAVEDICK

http://velonews.com/article/89477/ca...-wins-san-remo

Milan-San Remo is just a really long crit.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old March 21st 09, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

MagillaGorilla wrote:
http://velonews.com/article/89477/ca...-wins-san-remo

But *did* he win? Where's the finish photo? I only ever saw a blurry
video still, from beyond the line.
Old March 21st 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

MagillaGorilla wrote:

http://velonews.com/article/89477/ca...-wins-san-remo

Milan-San Remo is just a really long crit.

Imagine running it in an industrial park.
Old March 21st 09, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bret

On Mar 21, 11:48*am, Donald Munro wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:
http://velonews.com/article/89477/ca...-wins-san-remo

Milan-San Remo is just a really long crit.

Imagine running it in an industrial park.

We used to do that here in CO and I mentioned it 14 years ago:

http://tinyurl.com/cxws5p

No one responded to that post here, but I sure heard about from the
team I mentioned.

Bret
Old March 21st 09, 07:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:48:17 +0200, Donald Munro
wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

http://velonews.com/article/89477/ca...-wins-san-remo

Milan-San Remo is just a really long crit.

Imagine running it in an industrial park.

Yeah.

I did 100-lap crit once (actually on a pretty course in a small town)
and it was mind-destroying to look up and see 80 laps to go.
Old March 21st 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:19:00 GMT, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

I did 100-lap crit once (actually on a pretty course in a small town)
and it was mind-destroying to look up and see 80 laps to go.

When they did the crits near the national monuments on the oval, there
were a lot of stupid accidents away from that one point where it was
constricted. Lap after lap, with near constant turning, but no help
from banking. Some fairly serious accidents, given the open, flat
course.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old March 21st 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

MagillaGorilla wrote:
http://velonews.com/article/89477/ca...-wins-san-remo

Milan-San Remo is just a really long crit.

Imagine running it in an industrial park.

We used to do that here in CO and I mentioned it 14 years ago:

http://tinyurl.com/cxws5p

No one responded to that post here, but I sure heard about from the
team I mentioned.

Bret

That must have been back when Kiefel was on his second of 4 wives.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old March 21st 09, 10:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
critposer

MagillaGorilla wrote:
http://velonews.com/article/89477/ca...-wins-san-remo

Milan-San Remo is just a really long crit.

Imagine running it in an industrial park.

We used to do that here in CO and I mentioned it 14 years ago:

http://tinyurl.com/cxws5p

No one responded to that post here, but I sure heard about from the
team I mentioned.

Bret

That must have been back when Kiefel was on his second of 4 wives.

More hate from the hate-meister.
Old March 21st 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

http://velonews.com/article/89477/ca...-wins-san-remo

Milan-San Remo is just a really long crit.

Imagine running it in an industrial park.

Yeah.

I did 100-lap crit once (actually on a pretty course in a small town)
and it was mind-destroying to look up and see 80 laps to go.

Seems like they made a change from distance to time-based crits some
years ago. 80 laps to go does sound a lot worse than two hours. Maybe. I
certainly preferred a 4 hour road race to a 2 hour crit.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old March 21st 09, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:53:28 -0700, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

http://velonews.com/article/89477/ca...-wins-san-remo

Milan-San Remo is just a really long crit.

Imagine running it in an industrial park.

Yeah.

I did 100-lap crit once (actually on a pretty course in a small town)
and it was mind-destroying to look up and see 80 laps to go.

Seems like they made a change from distance to time-based crits some
years ago. 80 laps to go does sound a lot worse than two hours. Maybe. I
certainly preferred a 4 hour road race to a 2 hour crit.

The hundred lapper I meant was only 40 miles, with four turns. That's
a lot of jumps.

I like 50 mile crits on big courses way more than the 18 or 20 miles
races that are too typical for me nowadays. Only did one 100K crit
in my life, I think, which would have been OK except it was almost 90F
and I only had two bottles. Ouch.

First 50 mile crit I did had Lance Armstrong in it and he cracked and
quit. I was off the front for a few laps and actually finished the
thing. Yay for me.