Why all those cyclists chasing a motorcycle race?

Old April 6th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Why all those cyclists chasing a motorcycle race?

Maybe it's just me, but anybody watching the last 30k of Flanders notice
the huge number of motorcycles covering the race?

To be fair, it appears to be a zillion motorcycles and very few cars. It
just gives it a different sort of flavor when watching the coverage.
Almost as if it's a motorcycle race and the cyclists are trying to catch
up.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old April 6th 09, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
Maybe it's just me, but anybody watching the last 30k of Flanders
notice the huge number of motorcycles covering the race?

To be fair, it appears to be a zillion motorcycles and very few cars.
It just gives it a different sort of flavor when watching the
coverage. Almost as if it's a motorcycle race and the cyclists are
trying to catch up.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Oops, sorry, meant to post to rbr!

Old April 6th 09, 05:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
Maybe it's just me, but anybody watching the last 30k of Flanders
notice the huge number of motorcycles covering the race?

To be fair, it appears to be a zillion motorcycles and very few cars.
It just gives it a different sort of flavor when watching the
coverage. Almost as if it's a motorcycle race and the cyclists are
trying to catch up.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Oops, sorry, meant to post to rbr!

Won't they just call you a dumbass (sic)?

eg

Old April 6th 09, 06:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
Maybe it's just me, but anybody watching the last 30k of Flanders
notice the huge number of motorcycles covering the race?

To be fair, it appears to be a zillion motorcycles and very few cars.
It just gives it a different sort of flavor when watching the
coverage. Almost as if it's a motorcycle race and the cyclists are
trying to catch up.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Oops, sorry, meant to post to rbr!

Won't they just call you a dumbass (sic)?

eg

Yes, but S-N ratio is still higher there.

Old April 6th 09, 07:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
Maybe it's just me, but anybody watching the last 30k of Flanders
notice the huge number of motorcycles covering the race?

To be fair, it appears to be a zillion motorcycles and very few
cars.
It just gives it a different sort of flavor when watching the
coverage. Almost as if it's a motorcycle race and the cyclists are
trying to catch up.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Oops, sorry, meant to post to rbr!

Won't they just call you a dumbass (sic)?

eg

Precisely one minute after your post, "they" did. But it took two
hours!!! Apparently I need to use better bait.

Old April 6th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Apr 5, 10:57*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but anybody watching the last 30k of Flanders notice
the huge number of motorcycles covering the race?

If they got 30k riders in the last pack, surely they need an
appropriate number of reporters.
Old April 6th 09, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
Maybe it's just me, but anybody watching the last 30k of Flanders
notice the huge number of motorcycles covering the race?

To be fair, it appears to be a zillion motorcycles and very few cars.
It just gives it a different sort of flavor when watching the
coverage. Almost as if it's a motorcycle race and the cyclists are
trying to catch up.

Oops, sorry, meant to post to rbr!

Won't they just call you a dumbass (sic)?

eg

Yes, but S-N ratio is still higher there.

Prior to a.m.cnc.
Anybody wants to mud wrestle, the Palin threads
current in rbr are taking all applicants.

--
Michael Press
Old April 7th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

Michael Press wrote:
In article
],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
Maybe it's just me, but anybody watching the last 30k of Flanders
notice the huge number of motorcycles covering the race?

To be fair, it appears to be a zillion motorcycles and very few cars.
It just gives it a different sort of flavor when watching the
coverage. Almost as if it's a motorcycle race and the cyclists are
trying to catch up.
Oops, sorry, meant to post to rbr!
Won't they just call you a dumbass (sic)?

eg

Yes, but S-N ratio is still higher there.

Prior to a.m.cnc.
Anybody wants to mud wrestle, the Palin threads
current in rbr are taking all applicants.

No thanks to Kurgan.

Why are cyclists chasing a motorcycle race? Mike Jacoubowsky Racing 8 April 6th 09 05:17 PM
WTB: English BB chasing taps Neill Currie Marketplace 0 May 23rd 06 06:09 PM
BB Chasing Tap monkeyboy Techniques 19 January 8th 06 02:05 AM
Are cyclists allowed to race on public roads? RipVanWinkle UK 1256 June 4th 05 01:41 AM
chasing grams Golden Chicken Unicycling 6 July 26th 04 09:43 PM