Decent bicycle light cost

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 9th 17, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Decent bicycle light cost

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 5:00:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 3:18:47 PM UTC-6, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

My questions then are; #1. do you go to the expense of buying a bicycle light without having a money back guarantee if that light doesn't wrok for you the way you need it too?

If you buy a bike and it does not ride as fast as you want, do you get your money back? If you buy a tire and ride it 1000 miles and decide it does not stick in corners like it should, do you get your money back? If you buy chain lubricant and it does not keep your chain silent in downpours, and you use half the bottle, do you get your money back? Some things you have to check before you buy. Like weight, weigh it before you buy it. Or size, try it on before buying. Or lights, turn them on in a dark room to see if they are bright enough.

#2. do any shops you use give such a guarantee if you want it and would they stand behind that gurantee?

You are asking if shops give 100% new return prices for a used product you have used, worn for hundreds of miles or months? I know there are a few stores that have return policies like that. Most don't.

A totally nonsense reply there.

I can tell after one short nightime ride whether the light meets my needs. It's nothing like buying a bicycle. Besides, many shops do let you take a bicycle out for a decent length test ride.

Cheers