FS Classic Original Gary Fisher Aquila Hard Tail

Old May 25th 05, 09:22 PM
Andy Pafko

Default FS Classic Original Gary Fisher Aquila Hard Tail

Description

Item Specifics - Mountain Bikes & Frames
Brand: Gary Fisher Complete Bike/Frame:
Complete Bike
Model Year: 1997 Frame Material: Steel
Frame Size: 17 inches Condition: Used
Suspension: No Suspension

Price $250

Large Pictures at: http://www.sgpmedia.com/aquila

Classic Original Gary Fisher Aquila Hard Tail. One of the
greatest bang for the buck bikes ever made. Lightly ridden by my wife as an
occasional weekend city bike. Never bgeen on a trail. No major dings.
Excellent overall condition. Shipping will include $35 for professional
boxing plus UPS

Large Pictures at: http://www.sgpmedia.com/aquila

Dimensions:

Seat tube (C to C) 16"

Top Tube (C to C) 20"

Axle to Axle: 40"

Comments from MTBR:

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Bike/product_18659.shtml

More than 3 years
Price Paid: $620
Strengths: Tuff Cro-mo frame takes it all and decent components
makes it fairly light(lighter than some newer and more expensive bikes).
Everything about it has held up just fine for the 6 years that I have owned
it. It have totally mistreated this bike and it is still an excellent ride.
Everything is original and it needs some love but it was worth every penny.
Weaknesses: After 6 years the only thing that has broken has
been a pedal. Disappointed there is no Aquila around for 2001 I need a new
one.
Similar Products Tried: Trek 850, Yamaha YZ and Honda CR
dirtbikes.
Bike Setup: All factory original.
Bottom Line: I have ridden the crap out of this bike and it
still looks great.It has some minor sctaches and rust but no sign of paint
peeling or anything like that. This bike has been my best friend and will be
with me for a long time. If I ever get a new one I still don't think I can
part with it. To me this bike is still worth $500.00 and love it or not you
have to know this bike kicks.

----

blue trail, gambrill state park, MD.
Duration Product Used: 1 Year
Strengths: Good, solid feeling bike. The tires are great, though
I turned them around for better climbing. Liked the handlebars and bar ends
that came with the bike until I wiped out HARD and bent them up.
Weaknesses: Front derailluer is a little hard to get used to and
the front shocks are too soft. I replaced the seat pretty quick also.
Similar Products Tried: Trek 820.
Bottom Line: I bought the bike at the end of '98 and got tired
of going over the handlebars pretty quickly. I put heftier springs in the
shocks, got a shorter, steeper bar stem, and got used to getting my butt off
the seat toward the rear which can be a little tuff with the original, too
stiff seat. Overall, I LOVE this bike, and though I fantasize about a full
suspension bike, I find it hard to imagine riding anything but my Aquila. If
I could find a woman to love the way I love this bike...I'd be set!

Attached Images

Old May 30th 05, 11:46 AM
QDeeMoney

Hello,

Just want to know if you still have the named above item for sale.
If yes I will be in need of the following informations below:
Firstly, the pics of the item if available I want you to have it sent to
my email box. Secondly,I want you to tell me little about the present
conditions of the item named above.Lastly, the last price and if it is
negotiable. Moreso I will want you to tell me if you can accept Cashier's
checkUS Money Order/United Postal Money Order as your payment and once it
clears you can release your item?
I want you to make sure that the price given does not include the
shippment charges owing to the transportation shipping agent company that
I have a contract with, they will come and pick the merchandise up once
the check clears your bank.
The reason for the pick up is owing to international shippment as the item
will be picked and shipped to Australia cos I have just got an urgent
transfer from my work place in Wyoming US that I will be moving to
Australia for the next three months. If you are interested in selling to
me kindly get back to me on time as I have some other important things to
handle so I am awaiting your early response.

Marc Bryant
141 MOURNING DOVE STREET,
GREYBULL, WYOMING 82426.

FA: Original Gary Fisher Aquila Hard Tail Andy Pafko Marketplace 0 May 23rd 05 08:44 PM
FS: Gary Fisher Joshua F4 Mountain Bike - Fully Suspended! Selling CHEAP [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 20th 05 05:26 PM
Gary Fisher jack Mountain Biking 2 September 13th 03 07:26 AM
Problems with the main pivot of Gary Fisher Sugar1 Geewizza General 0 August 18th 03 01:23 PM