Reliable / long lasting c02 pumps

Old September 9th 04, 04:46 AM
Slacker

Default Reliable / long lasting c02 pumps

Mine =

http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....pe=3D&ID=3D24=
&Category=3Dbike&SubCategory=3Dpower =

just stopped sealing, so the cO2 cart blows everywhere but in the dang =

tire :-( Also, when ever I didn't use the whole cart and tried to save i=
t =

for later, it would never hold the air.

Are any of the more expensive ones more reliable?
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....pe=3D&ID=3D3&=
Category=3Dbike&SubCategory=3Dpower

or ??

Scolding a riding bud for not being prepared when he blew tire and didn'=
t =

have a spare.

Then blowing your own tire with same freind... not having a spare or too=
ls =

on my person... And having to hike it half way down a DH trail... P R E =
C =

I O U S!

-- =

Slacker
Old September 9th 04, 05:52 AM
Dean A. Stepper

"Slacker" wrote in message
newspsd1jfobkm83lxu@slacker...
Mine
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain.asp?Option=Detail&Type=&ID=24&Category=bike &SubCategory=power

http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain.asp?Option=Detail&Type=&ID=3&Category=bike& SubCategory=power

--
Slacker

I don't get many flats, maybe 1-2 a year.

I have been using the air chuck
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....Category=power
with the big air without the problems you are talking about. I carry one
big air and two 16 gram cartridges with me. I also carry a second chance
pump to back a up the air chuck.

I do know to be careful not to freeze your fingers.

Dean

Old September 9th 04, 11:25 AM
Ride-A-Lot

Slacker wrote:
Mine
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain.asp?Option=Detail&Type=&ID=24&Category=bike &SubCategory=power
just stopped sealing, so the cO2 cart blows everywhere but in the dang
tire :-( Also, when ever I didn't use the whole cart and tried to save
it for later, it would never hold the air.

Are any of the more expensive ones more reliable?
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain.asp?Option=Detail&Type=&ID=3&Category=bike& SubCategory=power

or ??

Scolding a riding bud for not being prepared when he blew tire and
didn't have a spare.

Then blowing your own tire with same freind... not having a spare or
tools on my person... And having to hike it half way down a DH trail...
P R E C I O U S!

I have never had any success with CO2. I've had three different heads
and all of them required using the entire cartridge. Half the time the
tire (MTB) took two carts to fill. Yeh, they are light, but f*ck it.
If I'm going to ride with 100 oz of H20 on my back, what the hell is
another 1/2 pound mini-pump going to hurt?

I use this:

http://tinyurl.com/5yymn

Yes, the road version. It actually pumps more air with each throw than
the MTB version. IMHO, it's the quickest and easiest mini-pump out
there and it doesn't make your arm sore.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 10th 04, 02:12 AM
Pistof

Had to use this one four times this weekend. It works great and is nice and
compact.
http://tinyurl.com/5dcg6

"Slacker" wrote in message
newspsd1jfobkm83lxu@slacker...
Mine
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....D=24&Category=
bike&SubCategory=power

http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....D=3&Category=b

Old September 10th 04, 11:03 AM
Michael Dart

"Slacker" wrote in message
newspsd1jfobkm83lxu@slacker...
Mine
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....D=24&Category=
bike&SubCategory=power
just stopped sealing, so the cO2 cart blows everywhere but in the dang
tire :-( Also, when ever I didn't use the whole cart and tried to save it
for later, it would never hold the air.

Are any of the more expensive ones more reliable?
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....D=3&Category=b
ike&SubCategory=power

or ??

Scolding a riding bud for not being prepared when he blew tire and didn't
have a spare.

Then blowing your own tire with same freind... not having a spare or tools
on my person... And having to hike it half way down a DH trail... P R E C
I O U S!

LOL!!!

I ride DH with a spare tube and a mini pump (Blackburn presta/schrader head)
in my Camelback. Since a DH tube weighs almost as much as an XC tire, it
does interesting things to my balance.

Mike

Old September 11th 04, 03:01 AM
Slacker

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:03:39 -0400, Michael Dart =

http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....Type=3D&ID=3D=

24&Category=3D
bike&SubCategory=3Dpower
just stopped sealing, so the cO2 cart blows everywhere but in the dang=

tire :-( Also, when ever I didn't use the whole cart and tried to save=

it
for later, it would never hold the air.

Are any of the more expensive ones more reliable?
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....Type=3D&ID=3D=

3&Category=3Db
ike&SubCategory=3Dpower

or ??

Scolding a riding bud for not being prepared when he blew tire and did=

n't
have a spare.

Then blowing your own tire with same freind... not having a spare or =

tools
on my person... And having to hike it half way down a DH trail... P R =

E C
I O U S!

LOL!!!

I ride DH with a spare tube and a mini pump (Blackburn presta/schrader=

=

head)
in my Camelback.

Manual labor for the DHer, I think not!

Since a DH tube weighs almost as much as an XC tire, it
does interesting things to my balance.

Mike

I'm just running El Cheapo tubes =

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...3Dsingle&c=3D=
Tire%20Tube&sc=3DTubes&tc=3D26''%20Tubes&item_id=3 DIR-26250S =

, then again, maybe that's why they were so cheap ;-(

Actually, I think I was running the pressure way too low on my first few=
=

rides... bad habit from the Kujos. I don't think I can ever run a =

different tire now that I've tasted the Minions & High Rollers.

Finally got everything on the bike running/working perfectly. I had the=
=

best day of riding ever last Fri. Everything felt so good, I was startin=
g =

to get over my fear of air. Began hitting a couple smalls jumps at full =
=

speed and came down all wonky on one, but the Hopey straightened my =

a$$ out real quick :-)

Hopefully, will have some lame pix and a small RR soon from that ride.
-- =

Slacker - SS (Super Stoked)
Old September 12th 04, 01:38 AM
SuperSlinky

Slacker said...

Are any of the more expensive ones more reliable?
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain.asp?Option=Detail&Type=&ID=3&Category=bike& SubCategory=power

or ??

FWIW, I tried my new Ultraflate Pro for the first time just now with Wal-
Mart 50¢ cartridges. I got 80 psi in a road tire with a presta valve on
the first try. I wasted some of the CO2 playing around with the trigger.
I was shocked it worked so well. The only question is, how many spares
are enough on a long ride?
Old September 12th 04, 02:34 AM
Slacker

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:38:40 GMT, SuperSlinky wrote:

Slacker said...

Are any of the more expensive ones more reliable?
http://www.innovationsaz.com/INmain....Type=3D&ID=3D=

3&Category=3Dbike&SubCategory=3Dpower

or ??

FWIW, I tried my new Ultraflate Pro for the first time just now with W=

al-
Mart 50=A2 cartridges. I got 80 psi in a road tire with a presta valve=

on
the first try. I wasted some of the CO2 playing around with the trigge=

r.
I was shocked it worked so well. The only question is, how many spares=

are enough on a long ride?

This is going to depend on too many factors... terrain, tires, tire =

pressure preference, etc.

But I usually don't carry less than 3 16oz carts with me. Ironically, mo=
st =

of the times I've used them, it was for other riders.

Does that flip lever also help to protect the trigger from crashes and/o=
r =

accidental discharge (shut up Sorni)?
-- =

Slacker
Old September 12th 04, 03:47 AM
Chris Brown

Slacker Wrote:
[...]

I carry the Innovations Ultraflate, was only $20 or so from Perf or
Nashbar, and I've used it waaay out in the middle of nowhere and it
comes through.

CDB/paladin

--
Chris Brown

Old September 12th 04, 05:17 AM
SuperSlinky

Slacker said...

This is going to depend on too many factors... terrain, tires, tire
pressure preference, etc.

But I usually don't carry less than 3 16oz carts with me. Ironically, most
of the times I've used them, it was for other riders.

The Wally-World carts were all 12g.

Does that flip lever also help to protect the trigger from crashes and/or
accidental discharge (shut up Sorni)?
--
Slacker

Yes, it completely protects the trigger, but my plan is to not tighten
the head and puncture the cartridge until I need to use it.

GNER long trains Colin Blackburn UK 8 July 17th 04 10:39 PM
First Recumbent Century (long) Danny Colyer UK 21 June 10th 04 01:56 PM
A long weekend in the Land of Bikes (long, includes some recumbentcontent) Peter Clinch UK 2 February 17th 04 11:35 AM
Advice to a wannabe commuter (long) [Not Responding] UK 4 January 15th 04 10:25 AM
Drum-Brake Reliable for Long, Steep Descents? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 45 October 8th 03 01:34 AM