Speaking of the Atherton Tablelands...

Old February 10th 10, 08:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
John Henderson

Default Speaking of the Atherton Tablelands...

"Tablelands Regional Council will be holding Community Consultation Meetings to discuss the future use of the Atherton-Tolga-Mareeba Rail Corridor as a Rail Trail.

The Council invites all community members to attend the
Meetings.

These meetings will be held on:

* Tuesday 16 February 2010 - Merriland Hall, Atherton
Showgrounds, Robert Street Atherton (5.30pm - 7.30pm).

* Wednesday 17 February 2010 - Mareeba RSL, Byrnes St, Mareeba
(5.30pm - 7.30pm). "

http://www.railtrails.org.au/news.htm?news&287

John
Old February 11th 10, 07:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Kathy and Steve

Thanks John - we have already sent in our RSVP. Would be lovely to see this
route in place - I ride to Mareeba to work some days (not today, just too
many storms ) and already I run the suicide run on the highway early in the
morning in the arvo I have to ride home via the back roads which makes a
round trip of 60kms+ and the way home is over 30kms up hill! The rail trail
would at least keep riders safe and off the highway. There are many more
wonderful old rail lines disused up here, ie Atherton to Herberton, tunnels
and all! The trail Herberton to Ravenshoe is just a beautiful part of the
world. Hopefully the Atherton Mareeba one is just the beginning. Did you
know that there is already a rail trail up here? It is the Lappa Rail Trail,
52kms of MTB road and a wonderful experience, we have ridden it a few times
now usually with our panniers so that we can really enjoy.
Kathy

Atherton Tablelands bikeriders paradise just us Australia 2 March 20th 08 01:30 AM
Atherton Tablelands Rail Trail meeting John Henderson Australia 7 August 24th 07 09:42 AM
Rachel Atherton wins wafflycat UK 0 November 18th 05 08:44 AM
Speaking of switchbacks... Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 48 November 11th 05 03:51 PM
speaking too soon:( Dej Australia 0 August 23rd 04 12:15 PM