Rockdale-Kurnell ride

Old February 13th 10, 11:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Rockdale-Kurnell ride

I note the various posts being made about folks riding the Atherton
Tablelands and the rides thru China and Vietnam, etc, so I thought I'd
mention my ride with me mate which I just finished about 30 mins ago.

I met up with me mate, Ben, at Rockdale and we rode to Kurnell and back.
It is just a short run, approx 50kms if that. Ben was all togged up with
his sunnies included (!!!) but I just wore my normal street clothes.

Not too much to report other than that the light rain showers made it a
nice and cooling ride, plus the bloody feral kids at Kurnell lined up at
the side of the road at Kurnell village to chuck stuff (wet paper,
bottles of water and so forth) at us as we did the return trip to
Rockdale Honest they did I had a good laugh at them as they all
missed so maybe next time they might pick up their game

A recommended easy ride for anybody in Sydney as there is a designated
bike lane along most of the lenght of Captain Cook Drive. If one came
over the bridge at Taren Point, one could ride along the walkway(?)
which runs parallel to the road over Taren Point bridge.