Cycle computer on a MTB?

Old December 6th 04, 05:43 PM
James

Default Cycle computer on a MTB?

Ok, or does it look a bit ****ish?
Old December 6th 04, 06:03 PM
trembler50

James Wrote:
Ok, or does it look a bit ****ish?

Essential!

--
trembler50
Old December 6th 04, 06:55 PM
James

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 05:03:35 +1100, trembler50
wrote:

James Wrote:
Ok, or does it look a bit ****ish?

Essential!

Then I suppose I'd better get one. I've been considering it for a
while but I wasn't sure if it'd look a bit daft or not.

Which cycle computer would you guys recommend?
Old December 6th 04, 06:59 PM
Peter B

"James" wrote in message
Ok, or does it look a bit ****ish?

Who cares if it looks ****tish, and why should it anyway? Apart from being a
point of interest the information provided can aid navigation.
I haven't got one (but often refer to riding partners for info) which adds
to the fun of being on a way-marked enduro, not only haven't I a clue as to
where I am but also am clueless as to how far I've ridden and therefore how
much further to go, sort of like where am I man? :-)

Pete

Old December 6th 04, 07:07 PM
David WE Roberts

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:43:48 +0000, James wrote:

Ok, or does it look a bit ****ish?

Depends on what you use your bike for.

If you want to know how far/fast you are going then they are good.

If you are just posing on the high street, buy a very expensive one :-)

If you are just plugging mud in a local quarry, you probably don't need
one.
Old December 6th 04, 08:02 PM
Paul - xxx

Peter B vaguely muttered something like ...
"James" wrote in message
Ok, or does it look a bit ****ish?

Who cares if it looks ****tish, and why should it anyway? Apart from
being a point of interest the information provided can aid navigation.
I haven't got one (but often refer to riding partners for info) which adds
to the fun of being on a way-marked enduro, not only haven't I a clue as
to where I am but also am clueless as to how far I've ridden and
therefore how much further to go, sort of like where am I man? :-)

Way to go, that man. I doff my cap to you in deference to a most worthy
outlook on navigational techniques ..

I presume you come from the Mark Thatcher school of navigation ..

--
Paul ...
http://dogpoopblog.blogspot.com/

Old December 6th 04, 08:04 PM
Paul - xxx

James vaguely muttered something like ...
Ok, or does it look a bit ****ish?

Yes to both .. but does it _really_ matter that much?

If you need one, you need one. If you look like a **** with a cycle
computer, you almost certainly also look like a **** without one. and
vice-versa of course ..

Old December 6th 04, 08:59 PM
Trevor Barton

wrote:

James Wrote:

Ok, or does it look a bit ****ish?

Essential!

Then I suppose I'd better get one. I've been considering it for a
while but I wasn't sure if it'd look a bit daft or not.

FFS, when you get to be a big boy you'll care less what something
*looks* like and do it because you want to! Don't you think it's a
little silly worrying if a MTB might look daft with a cycle computer?
Have you ever noticed an MTB with one and thought "That looks a little
bit daft"? No? Why do you think anyone is going to notice yours? Or
care if they do?

--
Trevor Barton
Old December 7th 04, 12:10 AM
Brian

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:43:48 +0000, James wrote:

Ok, or does it look a bit ****ish?

If thats the case then my mtb with a cycle computer + GPS must be really
****ish!

:-D

I'm happy with my sigma bc500 bike computer.

--
Brian

Old December 7th 04, 01:43 AM
Burning_Ranger

James wrote:
Ok, or does it look a bit ****ish?

Why would it? It's not exactly big or noticable.

--

Burning_Ranger

To email:

Catey CC-TR100 Cycle Computer Update Blair P. Houghton Techniques 2 October 14th 04 08:57 PM
Cateye hart rate monitor & cycle computer. Robert Ashley-Roche Off Road 0 January 3rd 04 09:46 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie Racing 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM