A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Driver 'threatens cyclist with bat', then gets very polite when herealises he's on camera



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 30th 16, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,946
Default Driver 'threatens cyclist with bat', then gets very polite when herealises he's on camera

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/28/driver...amera-5910359/
--
Bod
Ads
  #2  
Old May 30th 16, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 420
Default Driver 'threatens cyclist with bat', then gets very polite when he realises he's on camera

Bod wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/28/driver...amera-5910359/


Any British cyclist who is not armed every time he gets on his bike, is a
fool.

It is folly to rely on a helmet cam, because this bully boy was content to
back down and drive away, but sooner or later, a psychopath is going to
beat a cyclist to death, and take his camera.

The cure for road rage is called 'Smith & Wesson', but that's not always
possible, so for the love of `echo $DEITY`, carry a D-lock!

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))
  #3  
Old May 30th 16, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,921
Default Driver 'threatens cyclist with bat', then gets very polite whenhe realises he's on camera

On Monday, 30 May 2016 10:28:03 UTC+2, Bod wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/28/driver...amera-5910359/
--
Bod


What a shame - one blow and he would have been locked up in jail where the scum belongs.
  #4  
Old May 30th 16, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,302
Default Driver 'threatens cyclist with bat', then gets very polite whenhe realises he's on camera

On 30/05/2016 14:56, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 30 May 2016 10:28:03 UTC+2, Bod wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/28/driver...amera-5910359/
--
Bod


What a shame - one blow and he would have been locked up in jail where the scum belongs.


Yet a cyclist attacking a woman with his fists or dlock would be fine
and dandy. Talk about double standards.
  #5  
Old May 30th 16, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 420
Default Driver 'threatens cyclist with bat', then gets very polite when he realises he's on camera

MrCheerful wrote:
On 30/05/2016 14:56, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 30 May 2016 10:28:03 UTC+2, Bod wrote:


http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/28/driver...amera-5910359/


What a shame - one blow and he would have been locked up in jail where
the scum belongs.


Yet a cyclist attacking a woman with his fists or dlock would be fine and
dandy.


Where has any cyclist on this newsgroup ever suggested that a cyclist
'attack' a woman (or man) with fists or - indeed - with any weapon?

Why do you trolling psychopaths need to lie?

Talk about double standards.


Yes, let's.

1,500 deaths per year, and about another million injured every year by
psychopaths.

Around 3 killed per year and fifty injured by cyclists.

Let's talk about 'double standards', you ****ing thick arsewipe.
--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))
  #6  
Old May 30th 16, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,091
Default Driver 'threatens cyclist with bat', then gets very polite whenhe realises he's on camera

On Mon, 30 May 2016 11:56:07 +0100
Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen
wrote:

Bod wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/28/driver...amera-5910359/


Any British cyclist who is not armed every time he gets on his bike,
is a fool.

It is folly to rely on a helmet cam, because this bully boy was
content to back down and drive away, but sooner or later, a
psychopath is going to beat a cyclist to death, and take his camera.

The cure for road rage is called 'Smith & Wesson', but that's not
always possible, so for the love of `echo $DEITY`, carry a D-lock!

A bicycle is probably quite effective - if not in attack at least in
defence. Just hold it up between yourself and the aggressor, or raise
it above your head and bring it down on them to cause discomfort and
entanglement.

  #7  
Old May 30th 16, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,086
Default Driver 'threatens cyclist with bat', then gets very polite when he realises he's on camera

Rob Morley wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2016 11:56:07 +0100
Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen
wrote:

Bod wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/28/driver...amera-5910359/


Any British cyclist who is not armed every time he gets on his bike,
is a fool.

It is folly to rely on a helmet cam, because this bully boy was
content to back down and drive away, but sooner or later, a
psychopath is going to beat a cyclist to death, and take his camera.

The cure for road rage is called 'Smith & Wesson', but that's not
always possible, so for the love of `echo $DEITY`, carry a D-lock!

A bicycle is probably quite effective - if not in attack at least in
defence. Just hold it up between yourself and the aggressor, or raise
it above your head and bring it down on them to cause discomfort and
entanglement.


I would welcome any footpath riding cyclist doing just that, I've always
said that I'd give the cyclist first slap.
Then, it's *my* turn.


  #8  
Old May 30th 16, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 420
Default Driver 'threatens cyclist with bat', then gets very polite when he realises he's on camera

Rob Morley wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2016 11:56:07 +0100
Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen
wrote:
Bod wrote:


http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/28/driver...amera-5910359/


Any British cyclist who is not armed every time he gets on his bike, is
a fool.

It is folly to rely on a helmet cam, because this bully boy was content
to back down and drive away, but sooner or later, a psychopath is going
to beat a cyclist to death, and take his camera.

The cure for road rage is called 'Smith & Wesson', but that's not always
possible, so for the love of `echo $DEITY`, carry a D-lock!


A bicycle is probably quite effective - if not in attack at least in
defence. Just hold it up between yourself and the aggressor, or raise it
above your head and bring it down on them to cause discomfort and
entanglement.


Plan B - if you have a bicycle with a rear rack - is to grasp the rear
rack, and swing the bike around at head level, two hundred and seventy
degrees, aiming it at the psychopath's face. Once he goes down, aim a
very hard kick at his testicles, before bringing your entire weight down on
the front of his throat, through your knee.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cyclist threatens to murder pedestrian and his family Mrcheerful UK 1 August 29th 15 09:31 AM
Driver threatens to break cyclist’s neck in bout of road rage near Richmond Park Bod[_5_] UK 3 August 25th 15 10:28 AM
Cyclist threatens to hurt child in Eastbourne Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 24 June 23rd 13 03:33 PM
Van driver spits at cyclist threatens to punch him and goes throughred light. Pseudonym[_2_] UK 86 July 31st 12 08:19 AM
Cyclist weapon threatens river craft safety Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 47 June 22nd 11 07:02 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.