A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Andrew Muzi are you ok?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 2nd 09, 07:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,594
Default Andrew Muzi are you ok?

http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758
Ads
  #2  
Old September 2nd 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,312
Default Andrew Muzi are you ok?

On Sep 2, 1:11*pm, " wrote:
http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758


Didn't look like Andy. However that motorist needs to get a suspended
license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.
  #3  
Old September 2nd 09, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Norman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 457
Default Andrew Muzi are you ok?

On Sep 2, 2:35*pm, landotter wrote:
On Sep 2, 1:11*pm, " wrote:

http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758


Didn't look like Andy. However that motorist needs to get a suspended
license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.


While I agree, the odds are that such will never happen:
the perpetrator would be tried before a jury of people
who would likely be well aware that they drive just as
poorly.
  #4  
Old September 2nd 09, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,591
Default Advice for Brandt (attn: Landotter)

On Sep 2, 2:06 pm, Jobst Brandt , quoting RBT
regular "Landotter", wrote:
Max Otter wrote:


snipped

Just for you, Jobst you old fool:

http://tinyurl.com/3zw6s

It's good advice, you should take it to heart!
  #5  
Old September 2nd 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
someone
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,340
Default Andrew Muzi are you ok?

On 2 Sep, 19:35, landotter wrote:
On Sep 2, 1:11*pm, " wrote:

http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758


Didn't look like Andy. However that motorist needs to get a suspended
license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.


The cyclist was overtaking a slow moving bus at a junction, he should
have made sure it was safe. The SUV driver did well to brake at all
given the lack of visibility due to the positioning of the cyclist.
The driver should be held 100% liable, he should have been paying
attention and stopped at the red light or approached with caution if
the light had failed.
  #6  
Old September 2nd 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
someone
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,340
Default Andrew Muzi are you ok?

On 2 Sep, 19:35, landotter wrote:
On Sep 2, 1:11*pm, " wrote:

http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758


Didn't look like Andy. However that motorist needs to get a suspended
license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.


Not intentional, not assault.
  #7  
Old September 2nd 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,312
Default Andrew Muzi are you ok?

On Sep 2, 2:06*pm, Jobst Brandt wrote:
Max Otter wrote:


Dang--not only do you complain to me personally for using the nickname
I've been using for years and years--you feel the need to "out" me by
****ing up your attribution. Get checked for dementia and illusions of
grandeur.


  #8  
Old September 2nd 09, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
someone
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,340
Default Andrew Muzi are you ok?

On 2 Sep, 20:06, Jobst Brandt wrote:
Max Otter wrote:
http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758

Didn't look like Andy. *However that motorist needs to get a
suspended license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.


Cheese! *He was only on the phone, minding his own conversation. *He
obviously meant no harm! *However, when I see such videos or witness
such an incident, I wonder how these folks don't get hit by a full
readymix truck on occasion if they are so oblivious to traffic lights.
I suspect they are more aware of cross traffic than they want to
admit, and that a bicycle does not threaten their own bodily safety.
The illogic of that doesn't surface.

Jobst Brandt


He saw the bus and thought he could safely jump the lights, the
cyclist was not in view because he was masked by the bus when the SUV
driver made his decision to jump the lights.
  #9  
Old September 2nd 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
someone
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,340
Default Andrew Muzi are you ok?

On 2 Sep, 21:36, someone wrote:
On 2 Sep, 20:06, Jobst Brandt wrote:

Max Otter wrote:
http://news.aol.com/article/video-sh...er-fred/650758
Didn't look like Andy. *However that motorist needs to get a
suspended license and jail time for assault with a deadly weapon.


Cheese! *He was only on the phone, minding his own conversation. *He
obviously meant no harm! *However, when I see such videos or witness
such an incident, I wonder how these folks don't get hit by a full
readymix truck on occasion if they are so oblivious to traffic lights.
I suspect they are more aware of cross traffic than they want to
admit, and that a bicycle does not threaten their own bodily safety.
The illogic of that doesn't surface.


Jobst Brandt


He saw the bus and thought he could safely jump the lights, the
cyclist was not in view because he was masked by the bus when the SUV
driver made his decision to jump the lights.


Day-glo flourescent kit may help the stupid cyclist in these
instances. Don't overtake through junctions.
  #10  
Old September 2nd 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,591
Default Andrew Muzi are you ok?

On Sep 2, 3:34 pm, landotter wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:06 pm, Jobst Brandt wrote:

Max Otter wrote:


Dang--not only do you complain to me personally for using the nickname
I've been using for years and years--you feel the need to "out" me by
****ing up your attribution. Get checked for dementia and illusions of
grandeur.


He is "Brandt, the Great and Terrible", the once and (in his mind)
future king of rec.bicycles.* Don't f*** with him!! ;-)
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Andrew Muzi meets Bambi [email protected] Techniques 8 January 18th 09 05:20 AM
Andrew Muzi: The Early Years [email protected] Techniques 17 December 5th 08 06:42 PM
First red racer of spring for Andrew Muzi [email protected] Techniques 10 March 24th 07 09:07 PM
andrew vernon albright... gym.gravity Racing 6 October 24th 06 05:13 PM
Andrew Heckman Gets Hip Rebuilt! Cycle America Rides 3 April 7th 04 03:36 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.