Bents in Brazil

Old August 15th 05, 05:31 AM
Robert L Bass

Default Bents in Brazil

I'm in Brazil (again), this time for two months. This week I
spotted two different guys riding older model recumbents. Due to
the traffic I couldn't stop to get a better look either time.
The aggressive driving here make cycling extremely dangerous.
People constantly change lanes without signaling, speed around
each other on the left and right. Motorcycles routinely drive
*between* the lanes of traffic -- all of which are doing the
speed limit, bumper-to-bumper.

I've been discussing cycling with my wife when we return to the
States in late September. We'll be looking for a new (or maybe
used) tandem, tadpole trike.

BTW, here's a link to a simple photo gallery of pix I've been
taking in and around Salvador. I'll try to add shots of the
local 'bent riders as soon as I get the chance to snap a few.
Meanwhile, if anyone's interested, have a nice browse.
http://photos.bassburglaralarms.com/Salvador

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

'Bents @ kids... Walt Schmittinger Recumbent Biking 0 August 20th 04 02:05 PM
bents 4 sale wheel dr Recumbent Biking 0 August 8th 04 12:06 PM
Best way to promote 'bents online... Jeff Potter Recumbent Biking 4 June 25th 04 06:51 PM
New ban on 'bents in USCF races! Why no noise? Edward Dolan Recumbent Biking 21 June 22nd 04 01:39 PM
Hip Replacement & Bents? Ben Recumbent Biking 6 August 9th 03 08:23 PM