memory foam seat

Old May 19th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default memory foam seat

Hi, i have recently gotten ahold of a small peice of memory foam about 9
inches long, and about 5 inches wide, and anout 3 inches thick. i was
wondering if this would make a good seat. this is what i was
thinking...

i was thinking that i could chop it to about 1 inch thick... thamn i
would take the seat cover off my vello seat and than trim the foam
about... hmmm, like 1 1/2 inches thick. i would than glue the strip of
memory foam on it.

what i was wondering is:

1. the memory foam with rip aaprt under my seat cover
2. be too squishy
3.forgot....

thanks,
Riley

--
manon1wheel

Riley
James_Potter-
I fall with my upper body travelling backwards and my lower body
travelling forwards from 5' up and hit the concrete with my tailbone
and right elbow. It hurt, but I found it quite funny.
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

Old May 19th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yeah it might be a cheap alternative to gel seats. Ive had a memory foam
pillow for about 1 year now and its held up great.(I kno that a pillow
is not the same as a seat but you get the idea) I say go for
it...Just keep the old foam from your seat incase you

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old May 19th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

were u getting the foam

--
skianduniaddict

number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
my cat bob ate four kids
i regret the day i threw a snowball at randy johnson
skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

Old May 19th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I need to get the fusion cover, then I can modify my seat to no end!
Even though I'm not on my seat all that long. Ride to a spot, then Ill
be jumping for the next hour or two. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
me alone about it!~*~

'*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

Old May 19th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Here's a little trick I once saw for trimming the foam in your existing
seat. I was at a motorcycle rally a few years back and there was a guy
there installing gel inserts into motorcycle seats. He had a bunch of
pre-formed gel inserts of various sizes and shapes. He'd pick the one
for the best fit on a particular seat, then he'd take the cover off the
existing seat and cut out the foam so the gel insert would drop right
in. The trick is what he used to cut the foam. One of those electric
carving knives, like the one your dad uses to carve the thanksgiving
turkey. It worked really slick. He got a really nice, accurate cut
out of the foam. I've since tried this and it works great. Much
neater than the hack job you'd get from whacking away at it with a
knife or a razor blade.

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Old May 19th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

You can also get a wire, stretch it across a something that doesn't
conduct electricity, so its like a giant wire cheese cutter thingy, and
hook up one wire to a high voltage battery, like an extra car battery
or something, then the wire will heat up a lot, and will cut through
foam like a red hot knife through butter.

13507

|Filename: 5736cheese.jpg |

Old May 19th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

If you want to try memory foam I'd suggest cutting a wedge out of the
nose of the seat and replacing that wedge with memory foam. Scroll
down to the bottom of my 'Airseat gallery'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Airseat) for an example of what I'm
talking about. Only instead of cutting out the wedge and throwing it
away you'd replace the removed wedge of foam with a wedge of memory
foam.

I don't think you want to put memory foam on the back part of the seat
that supports the weight of your butt. That would be too soft and
wouldn't offer much support. It would be better to have the memory
foam in the nose of the saddle and right under the area where your
crotch sits. That is the same idea as the UDC gel saddle that has the
gel insert in the nose of the saddle.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Seat question Fred General 13 January 30th 06 04:49 AM
Trials Saddle? e39m5 Unicycling 13 October 5th 05 08:53 PM
RANS seat pain Paul Dalen Recumbent Biking 2 August 25th 03 09:26 PM
Seat comparisons Mikefule Unicycling 15 August 25th 03 07:53 AM
Is seat suspension enough? optimistx Recumbent Biking 6 August 19th 03 01:03 AM