Inaugural Coker Ride with 110mm cranks - Pre Ride Post

Old June 19th 04, 04:28 PM
Sofa

Default Inaugural Coker Ride with 110mm cranks - Pre Ride Post

Well, I am about to take my Airfoil Coker rim out for the first time,
minus a few loops around the parking lot. (I had it setup with
170Kookas because it's first ride was going to be with my Single Speed
rider friend)

I am about to go 13km through the city.

I took the Coker out in the hallway of the apt. today, and the very
first time i hopped onto it, it felt exactly like my very first time on
a unicycle.

It shot away from me, and I almost fell backwards.

A feeling I haven't felt for quite some time while riding

I'm excited to go, but am quite anxious about how hard it will be.

Not to mention I haven't used the brake on this thing yet, so I'm sure
the first time I panick, I'll grab the brake and fly off

Ever wonder why we do the crazy things we do on purpose

--
Sofa - you - pee - dee

[image: http://www.brianmackenzie.com/sigmov.gif]

'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
*72* products

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.02

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old June 19th 04, 05:24 PM
TheObieOne3226

Good Luck. Short cranks definately take some getting used to, but they
are worth it. You can cruise at amazing speeds.

Bridget Sprouls lent me her Coker with 102's for the LBI unithon. I had
the same experience with the uni flying away hilariously at first.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Proficient Unicyclist

My inability to create a proper sigline of my own has led me to steal
this:

Black holes are where god divided by zero.

Old June 19th 04, 07:15 PM
phil

Admit it, you only wrote this so later you can write the "Post Ride
Post"...

Have a good ride!

Phil

--
phil - ex-studenty type

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

Old June 19th 04, 11:57 PM
doofe

your fine. dont worry about a thing. oh, and in response to why we do
crazy things on purpose, we do it because we like the fact that its
crazy, we like adrenaline, we like the rush of something like that, its
amazingly fun... I could go on forever about that one. I have given that
ALOT of thought

--
doofe - I put the "F U!" in FUn!

Death Metal + Punk + Hardcore + Funky facial hair + One wheel = Doofe
doofe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4335

Mayors to Ride, Unicyclists, Music, etc: 2004 Mayors' Ride Set to Begin Cycle America General 0 May 7th 04 06:52 PM
Sunday's ride Mikefule Unicycling 19 May 6th 04 04:54 PM
Coker Mini-Tour nathan Unicycling 13 April 21st 04 07:38 PM
lacking in leg strength and stamina exercises? Yuri Budilov General 18 March 23rd 04 02:42 PM
Learning to ride on a Coker (Day 12-16 Mar) Jayne ZA Unicycling 6 March 18th 04 07:02 AM