the new stingray

Old August 11th 04, 04:30 AM
Callistus Valerius

Default the new stingray

It's the weirdest thing, it has a motorcycle wheel and tire on the back and
it weighs a ton.

http://www.schwinnstingray.com/

Old August 11th 04, 04:47 AM
Menotomy

Yup. Cycling can be about transportation and style, too.
That thing will get a lot of kidz away from thier computers and back outside.

Menotomy Vintage Bicycles, Inc.
http://OldRoads.com

Old August 11th 04, 05:05 AM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h o o_d 0 t_c 0 m

it weighs a ton.

That estimate is off by a mile.

Old August 11th 04, 07:06 AM
A Muzi

it weighs a ton.

LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h o o_d 0 t_c 0 m wrote:
That estimate is off by a mile.

You've been told a million times, don't exaggerate

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old August 11th 04, 12:36 PM
cashrefundman

A Muzi wrote:
it weighs a ton.

LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h o o_d 0 t_c 0 m wrote:

That estimate is off by a mile.

You've been told a million times, don't exaggerate

It weighs at least 50 lbs and probably more. I came upon a kid
struggling to push one up one of the larger hills in town.
Probably be real fast as possibly fun going down if it is stable.
Hope that single giant v-brake on that small radius rear wheel works.

CRM
Old August 11th 04, 02:47 PM
Jacobe Hazzard

cashrefundman wrote:
A Muzi wrote:
it weighs a ton.

LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h o o_d 0 t_c 0 m wrote:

That estimate is off by a mile.

You've been told a million times, don't exaggerate

It weighs at least 50 lbs and probably more. I came upon a kid
struggling to push one up one of the larger hills in town.
Probably be real fast as possibly fun going down if it is stable.
Hope that single giant v-brake on that small radius rear wheel works.

CRM

I've ridden one, and I don't think it weighs nearly 50 lbs. The v-brake
works OK, but the one I worked on had the giant rear wheel hilariously out
of true when the bike was new. Another serious problem is the handlebars,
which creak and bend under normal riding conditions.

OTOH, people love this bike and it's gonna sell like hotcakes.

Old August 11th 04, 05:25 PM
Richard Amirault

"cashrefundman" wrote ...

It weighs at least 50 lbs and probably more.

(snip)

50 lbs! That's what my steel framed TREK weighs when loaded with water
bottles, SLA batteries and a half decent load in my panniers as I commute
back and forth to work ... but at least I have miltiple gears to ease the
load ;-)

I haven't seen one of these new Stingrays on the street ..... yet.

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

Old August 11th 04, 05:42 PM
Mark Jones

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
link.net...
It's the weirdest thing, it has a motorcycle wheel and tire on the back

and
it weighs a ton.

http://www.schwinnstingray.com/

They look pretty cool. My LBS has one.

Old August 11th 04, 07:42 PM
Bill Davidson

Callistus Valerius wrote:
It's the weirdest thing, it has a motorcycle wheel and tire on the back and
it weighs a ton.

http://www.schwinnstingray.com/

The "classic" looks like a Stingray. The others don't.
Old August 11th 04, 08:18 PM
Todd Kuzma

Jacobe Hazzard wrote:

OTOH, people love this bike and it's gonna sell like hotcakes.

Put an OCC logo on a dog turd and it would sell like hotcakes.

Todd Kuzma
Heron Bicycles
Tullio's Big Dog Cyclery
LaSalle, Il 815-223-1776