A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

World's Fastest Bike Light, Oculus



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 14th 17, 05:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Oculus Lights
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default World's Fastest Bike Light, Oculus

If winning the World 24 Hour Time Trial Championship meets your standards,
then Oculus is the undisputed World's Fastest Bike Light. I also had three of the top ten, a handful of age group winners, and three of the seven front row starters too,
The new world champion, Martin Bendszus, from Germany, and most others used a power and brightness combination that gave them ~500 lumens for 6+ hours on the brand new Oculus
3000Extreme. Some earlier Oculus customers used a 10 hour or 5 hour setting on their Oculus 1800Ultra.
Interestingly, a few racers introduced themselves as original Kickstarter backers, still loving their lights.
Martin covered 514.8 miles at 21.6mph average for 23 hours 56 minutes. An early hours surge in daylight by one conventional and one recumbent rider left Martin in third place by about 20 minutes. After full darkness took hold, Martin gained time each lap til he took the lead around 3:00AM, and held on through the daylight for the win. Second place was 510 miles in 23 hours 50 minutes at 21.4mph, less than three miles back. That's an average difference of only 220 yards per hour over 24 hours.
Oculus was the official onsite lighting sales and support for the World Championships. As a result of the event and glowing praise from an increasing number of well known distance racers and RAAM winners, Oculus will be the official headlight of RAAM and its related races for 2018.
Ads
  #2  
Old November 14th 17, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,554
Default World's Fastest Bike Light, Oculus

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 20:57:42 -0800 (PST), Oculus Lights
wrote:

If winning the World 24 Hour Time Trial Championship meets your standards,
then Oculus is the undisputed World's Fastest Bike Light. I also had three of the top ten, a handful of age group winners, and three of the seven front row starters too,
The new world champion, Martin Bendszus, from Germany, and most others used a power and brightness combination that gave them ~500 lumens for 6+ hours on the brand new Oculus
3000Extreme. Some earlier Oculus customers used a 10 hour or 5 hour setting on their Oculus 1800Ultra.
Interestingly, a few racers introduced themselves as original Kickstarter backers, still loving their lights.
Martin covered 514.8 miles at 21.6mph average for 23 hours 56 minutes. An early hours surge in daylight by one conventional and one recumbent rider left Martin in third place by about 20 minutes. After full darkness took hold, Martin gained time each lap til he took the lead around 3:00AM, and held on through the daylight for the win. Second place was 510 miles in 23 hours 50 minutes at 21.4mph, less than three miles back. That's an average difference of only 220 yards per hour over 24 hours.
Oculus was the official onsite lighting sales and support for the World Championships. As a result of the event and glowing praise from an increasing number of well known distance racers and RAAM winners, Oculus will be the official headlight of RAAM and its related races for 2018.


My goodness. If you ride slowly like us older chaps you can install a
Oculas and you probably won't even need to pedal any more. Just turn
the light on and away you'll go. :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

  #3  
Old November 14th 17, 02:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,180
Default World's Fastest Bike Light, Oculus

John B. wrote:
:On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 20:57:42 -0800 (PST), Oculus Lights
wrote:

:If winning the World 24 Hour Time Trial Championship meets your standards,
:then Oculus is the undisputed World's Fastest Bike Light. I also had three of the top ten, a handful of age group winners, and three of the seven front row starters too,
:The new world champion, Martin Bendszus, from Germany, and most others used a power and brightness combination that gave them ~500 lumens for 6+ hours on the brand new Oculus
:3000Extreme. Some earlier Oculus customers used a 10 hour or 5 hour setting on their Oculus 1800Ultra.
:Interestingly, a few racers introduced themselves as original Kickstarter backers, still loving their lights.
:Martin covered 514.8 miles at 21.6mph average for 23 hours 56 minutes. An early hours surge in daylight by one conventional and one recumbent rider left Martin in third place by about 20 minutes. After full darkness took hold, Martin gained time each lap til he took the lead around 3:00AM, and held on through the daylight for the win. Second place was 510 miles in 23 hours 50 minutes at 21.4mph, less than three miles back. That's an average difference of only 220 yards per hour over 24 hours.
:Oculus was the official onsite lighting sales and support for the World Championships. As a result of the event and glowing praise from an increasing number of well known distance racers and RAAM winners, Oculus will be the official headlight of RAAM and its related races for 2018.

:My goodness. If you ride slowly like us older chaps you can install a
:Oculas and you probably won't even need to pedal any more. Just turn
:the light on and away you'll go. :-)

Better mount it in the back, so you go the right way.


--
sig 80
  #4  
Old November 15th 17, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,554
Default World's Fastest Bike Light, Oculus

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 13:07:16 +0000 (UTC), David Scheidt
wrote:

John B. wrote:
:On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 20:57:42 -0800 (PST), Oculus Lights
wrote:

:If winning the World 24 Hour Time Trial Championship meets your standards,
:then Oculus is the undisputed World's Fastest Bike Light. I also had three of the top ten, a handful of age group winners, and three of the seven front row starters too,
:The new world champion, Martin Bendszus, from Germany, and most others used a power and brightness combination that gave them ~500 lumens for 6+ hours on the brand new Oculus
:3000Extreme. Some earlier Oculus customers used a 10 hour or 5 hour setting on their Oculus 1800Ultra.
:Interestingly, a few racers introduced themselves as original Kickstarter backers, still loving their lights.
:Martin covered 514.8 miles at 21.6mph average for 23 hours 56 minutes. An early hours surge in daylight by one conventional and one recumbent rider left Martin in third place by about 20 minutes. After full darkness took hold, Martin gained time each lap til he took the lead around 3:00AM, and held on through the daylight for the win. Second place was 510 miles in 23 hours 50 minutes at 21.4mph, less than three miles back. That's an average difference of only 220 yards per hour over 24 hours.
:Oculus was the official onsite lighting sales and support for the World Championships. As a result of the event and glowing praise from an increasing number of well known distance racers and RAAM winners, Oculus will be the official headlight of RAAM and its related races for 2018.

:My goodness. If you ride slowly like us older chaps you can install a
:Oculas and you probably won't even need to pedal any more. Just turn
:the light on and away you'll go. :-)

Better mount it in the back, so you go the right way.


You are right. I'd forgotten about that. Just imagine the havoc.
Switch the light on and Wham! You crash the car behind you :-(
--
Cheers,

John B.

  #5  
Old November 15th 17, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,000
Default World's Fastest Bike Light, Oculus

Not divided into paragraphs. Did not read.

--
Joy Beeson, U.S.A., mostly central Hoosier,
some Northern Indiana, Upstate New York, Florida, and Hawaii
joy beeson at comcast dot net http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/
The above message is a Usenet post.
I don't recall having given anyone permission to use it on a Web site.


  #6  
Old November 15th 17, 06:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 117
Default World's Fastest Bike Light, Oculus

Joy Beeson wrote:
Not divided into paragraphs. Did not read.


The unpaid adverborial was "missing" the ironic points anyhow: The race's
winner lost time when his battery taillight failed him when charge dropped
to quickly, AND due to repeatedly getting spatially disoriented with the
Okulos light.

Quoting the eventual winner of the 24h ride, Martin Bendszus, a 49-y.o.
radiologist, "I had a lot of problems. A marshal saved me, though — I took
the wrong road and went completely in the wrong direction for perhaps many
miles. And he came by and told me, 'you're on the wrong route.' It was the
second lap, it was dark, I didn't know the track and I was going very fast.
It happened again too! The other time I realized that I was by myself, so ...."
https://www.facebook.com/24hrworlds/posts/1734975699860088


  #7  
Old November 16th 17, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Oculus Lights
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default World's Fastest Bike Light, Oculus

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 9:24:52 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 20:57:42 -0800 (PST), Oculus Lights
wrote:

If winning the World 24 Hour Time Trial Championship meets your standards,
then Oculus is the undisputed World's Fastest Bike Light. I also had three of the top ten, a handful of age group winners, and three of the seven front row starters too,
The new world champion, Martin Bendszus, from Germany, and most others used a power and brightness combination that gave them ~500 lumens for 6+ hours on the brand new Oculus
3000Extreme. Some earlier Oculus customers used a 10 hour or 5 hour setting on their Oculus 1800Ultra.
Interestingly, a few racers introduced themselves as original Kickstarter backers, still loving their lights.
Martin covered 514.8 miles at 21.6mph average for 23 hours 56 minutes. An early hours surge in daylight by one conventional and one recumbent rider left Martin in third place by about 20 minutes. After full darkness took hold, Martin gained time each lap til he took the lead around 3:00AM, and held on through the daylight for the win. Second place was 510 miles in 23 hours 50 minutes at 21.4mph, less than three miles back. That's an average difference of only 220 yards per hour over 24 hours.
Oculus was the official onsite lighting sales and support for the World Championships. As a result of the event and glowing praise from an increasing number of well known distance racers and RAAM winners, Oculus will be the official headlight of RAAM and its related races for 2018.


My goodness. If you ride slowly like us older chaps you can install a
Oculas and you probably won't even need to pedal any more. Just turn
the light on and away you'll go. :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.


Photon emission propulsion? Oculus beam will let you use much lower brightnesses when moving slower, for previously unattainable burn times at any given brightness level.
  #8  
Old November 16th 17, 02:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Oculus Lights
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default World's Fastest Bike Light, Oculus

On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 9:27:38 PM UTC-8, Sepp Ruf wrote:
Joy Beeson wrote:
Not divided into paragraphs. Did not read.


The unpaid adverborial was "missing" the ironic points anyhow: The race's
winner lost time when his battery taillight failed him when charge dropped
to quickly, AND due to repeatedly getting spatially disoriented with the
Okulos light.

Quoting the eventual winner of the 24h ride, Martin Bendszus, a 49-y.o.
radiologist, "I had a lot of problems. A marshal saved me, though — I took
the wrong road and went completely in the wrong direction for perhaps many
miles. And he came by and told me, 'you're on the wrong route.' It was the
second lap, it was dark, I didn't know the track and I was going very fast.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oculus Light sms Techniques 3 December 29th 13 04:54 AM
The fastest stock bike in the world. Get yours now!!! Johnny NoCom Recumbent Biking 90 December 17th 04 06:38 AM
The fastest stock bike in the world. Get yours now!!! Johnny NoCom General 50 December 17th 04 06:38 AM
The fastest stock bike in the world. Get yours now!!! Johnny NoCom Racing 46 December 17th 04 06:38 AM
The fastest stock bike in the world. Get yours now!!! Dave Larrington Social Issues 0 December 15th 04 03:03 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.