Mountain Bikers Just Don't Get It!

Old March 13th 07, 12:47 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Bikers Just Don't Get It!

Incredible as it may seem, mountain bikers actually think that
damaging activities like mountain-top removal make mountain biking
damage acceptable! After you stop laughing, let them know what you
think.

Mike

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:34:26 -0700
From: Josh
Subject: [ROMP] environmental destruction (off topic)

I came across this site called http://www.ilovemountains.org about
mountain top mining in the Appalachians. Compared to the impact caused
by mountain biking, it seems we environmentalists have much bigger
issues to concern ourselves with than a little siltation in streams or
running over the occasional snake.

Mountain top mining removes the mountain top, mines coal, and dumps
the rock and soil from the mountain into nearby canyons and gulches,
completely burying entire riparian habitats.

Josh
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 16th 07, 02:51 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Estom

Hehe... That's one stubborn dude )
I just came back to check the group after a couple of years and good ol'
Mike is still here )

Mike, I'll share a secret with you... I also ride ATVs and Jeeps...I bet
now, you won't be able to sleep )

Estom - The Polak

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:34:26 -0700
From: Josh

I came across this site called http://www.ilovemountains.org about
mountain top mining in the Appalachians. Compared to the impact caused
by mountain biking, it seems we environmentalists have much bigger
issues to concern ourselves with than a little siltation in streams or
running over the occasional snake.

Mountain top mining removes the mountain top, mines coal, and dumps
the rock and soil from the mountain into nearby canyons and gulches,
completely burying entire riparian habitats.

Josh
===

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Old March 16th 07, 04:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:51:38 GMT, "Estom"
wrote:

Hehe... That's one stubborn dude )
I just came back to check the group after a couple of years and good ol'
Mike is still here )

Mike, I'll share a secret with you... I also ride ATVs and Jeeps...I bet
now, you won't be able to sleep )

I'm not worried. Darwin & evolution are at work.

Estom - The Polak

.. .

Old March 16th 07, 05:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0

"Estom" wrote in message
Hehe... That's one stubborn dude )
I just came back to check the group after a couple of years and good ol'
Mike is still here )

Mike, I'll share a secret with you... I also ride ATVs and Jeeps...I bet
now, you won't be able to sleep )

Estom - The Polak

"

Same story here. Haven't been following this group in a couple of years, to
come back and find the same old two horse show of that Vanderman nutjob and
the same clique of smarmy do-what-I-do know-it-alls.

Old March 16th 07, 06:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:42:53 GMT, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0"
wrote:

"Estom" wrote in message
t...
Hehe... That's one stubborn dude )
I just came back to check the group after a couple of years and good ol'
Mike is still here )

Mike, I'll share a secret with you... I also ride ATVs and Jeeps...I bet
now, you won't be able to sleep )

Estom - The Polak

"

Same story here. Haven't been following this group in a couple of years, to
come back and find the same old two horse show of that Vanderman nutjob and
the same clique of smarmy do-what-I-do know-it-alls.

I'm the world expert on mountain biking impacts, and thus I have more
of a right to be here than you do. Who are YOU?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 16th 07, 07:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Daryl Hunt

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:42:53 GMT, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0"
wrote:

"Estom" wrote in message
et...
Hehe... That's one stubborn dude )
I just came back to check the group after a couple of years and good ol'
Mike is still here )

Mike, I'll share a secret with you... I also ride ATVs and Jeeps...I bet
now, you won't be able to sleep )

Estom - The Polak

"

Same story here. Haven't been following this group in a couple of years,
come back and find the same old two horse show of that Vanderman nutjob
and
the same clique of smarmy do-what-I-do know-it-alls.

I'm the world expert on mountain biking impacts, and thus I have more
of a right to be here than you do. Who are YOU?

The only worlds expert is the one that did the impact correctly and recieved
services on sunday in rememberance. It could be that you are just clumsy.

It has removed 5163 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old March 16th 07, 07:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris[_2_]

Mike Vandeman wrote in
:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:42:53 GMT, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0"
wrote:

"Estom" wrote in message
et...
Hehe... That's one stubborn dude )
I just came back to check the group after a couple of years and good
ol' Mike is still here )

Mike, I'll share a secret with you... I also ride ATVs and Jeeps...I
bet now, you won't be able to sleep )

Estom - The Polak

"

Same story here. Haven't been following this group in a couple of
years, to come back and find the same old two horse show of that
Vanderman nutjob and the same clique of smarmy do-what-I-do
know-it-alls.

I'm the world expert on mountain biking impacts, and thus I have more
of a right to be here than you do. Who are YOU?

world expert on being a nut job

===

Old March 18th 07, 03:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
pmh

On Mar 18, 7:04 am, Coyoteboy wrote:
credibility was low
when I first came here nearly a decade ago, I assure you it hasn't grown.

Low! It was nonexistent, even then, and has steadily slid back to
sorrier & sorrier.

Same old same old same old from Mikey; same responses from a slowly-
changing field of responders. Nothing new here over the years other
than the list of those who at first attempt rational dialogue with an
irrational being and then leave of boredom.

Old March 18th 07, 05:04 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:03:02 +0000, Coyoteboy
wrote:

Mike Vandeman mumbled incoherently to the rest of alt.mountain-bike:

I'm the world expert on mountain biking impacts, and thus I have more
of a right to be here than you do. Who are YOU?

LOL. If thats the case why doesnt anyone worth their salt take you
seriously?

They DO. The organizations that have sponsored the conferences where I
gave my mountain biking paper are top-notch.

And why arent you jetting the world discussing your findings at
international conferences?

I am. See my web site.

And why do you have so much time to dedicate to
posting utter tripe on here?

Maybe, since you're the expert and so little notice is taken of you, your
plight is so meaningless (or your work so poor) that even the rest of the
environmentalist community cant be arsed to listen to your ramblings.

Unfortunately, like so many misguided and mentally ill, you'll never get a
grip on your problem and you'll still be posting here in another 10 years,
and still no-one will be taking you seriously. Its funny how, when you're
so wrapped up in your thoughts on a subject, you can be so far from the
correct answer yet be so convinced as to your accuracy.

CONVENIENTLY, as usual, you don't give a single example of my alleged
"incorrect" statements -- a good sign that you don't know what you are
talking about.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 18th 07, 05:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:04:54 +0000, Coyoteboy
wrote:

Mike Vandeman mumbled incoherently to the rest of alt.mountain-bike:

I'm the world expert on mountain biking impacts, and thus I have more
of a right to be here than you do. Who are YOU?

Oh, and you don't get to claim to be the world expert in something just
because you've scanned the internet for as many articles as you could that
showed MTBers having injured themselves. Mike, your credibility was low
when I first came here nearly a decade ago, I assure you it hasn't grown.

How would you know? Idiot.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande