What NO Mountain Bikers Are Willing to Admit

Old June 13th 08, 01:03 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Default Night Hiking

I just read in PA Game News about a mass migration of black bears from
the Moshannon State Forest. Seems they are under tremendous stress due
to a three foot section of Crystal Springs trail being 4" inches wider
this year.

The horror...

Regarding the illness of the original poster. His Mental Ailment in
every case study would be sociopathic or borderline personality
disorder...
Old June 13th 08, 01:06 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

I've got a few pics, I'll get them on here when I get a chance.- Hide quoted text -

You have pics? I knew there was an old guy that stays at that old CCC
camp at crystal springs that stated he won't go there by himself
anymore and claimed to take photos. I didn't see them though and
thought he was just getting dementia or something...but the more and
more things surface has me really wondering. I never got close enough
to define what the light I saw was but just the movements were strange
enough for me to pursue and investigate a bit more.
Old June 13th 08, 03:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
rick++

Default What NO Mountain Bikers Are Willing to Admit

Seems to have immense amounts of time on his hands too.

I heard from people at publications across the country
(probably world too) get bombarded by MV missives if
they print anything about one of his peeves.
I guess he uses Google News to find these all.
Old June 14th 08, 01:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:48:35 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Please Mike...it isn't all about you. Sorry for stealing your
thunder.

I didn't say it was about me, LIAR. I said it was about wildife --
something you obviously know NOTHING about, or you wouldn't be hiking
at night.

Regarding those odd colored lights. I didn't see anything but I went
through that exact area on my hike and only saw fireflys but I have to
say I did see a bluish light the one night bout two weeks ago, off
about 1/2 mile. Steady with no flickering and constant. same height
too. it didn't move at all. I watched it closely while approaching but
had to peer down to follow the terrain. The one time I looked up it
was gone and I just couldn't see anything, no sound, no idea where it
was...I lost track though because of the pines so I can't be a good
judge.

I did read on the local board as well once or twice before. The lights
they are reporting are even said to be red and moving sometimes. At
first I figured they were hikers but once again. Some pretty reputable
sources coming forward saying they are bizarre and not moivng, etc.
Weird.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 14th 08, 02:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Vandeman's mental condition

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:38:43 GMT, "JP" wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:00:07 -0700 (PDT), Siskuwihane
wrote:

It's obvious he's suffering from dementia, very common in people who
are as old as he is.

The signs are all there.

Having difficulty recalling recent events.

Not recognizing familiar people and places.

Having trouble finding the right words to express thoughts or name
objects.

Having difficulty performing calculations.

Having problems planning and carrying out tasks, such as balancing a
checkbook, following a recipe, or writing a letter.

Having trouble exercising judgment, such as knowing what to do in an
emergency.

Having difficulty controlling moods or behaviors. Depression is
common, and agitation or aggression may occur.

Not keeping up personal care such as grooming or bathing.

I don't thnk it is dementia, he's not that old.
He's not too bright but I don't think that's indicative of age,
more that he's just not a smart guy made worse by
his inability to process new information

Mikey was involved with Synanon during it's cult
heyday in the seventies. His mental dysfunction probably started
fairly early. Examination of his letters proudly displayed on his web
site shows a remarkable lack of ability in communication skills,
inability to work effectively with others, and a poor grasp of reality.
He exhibits the social disconnectedness of Asperger's syndrome without
the high IQ typical of that disorder.
He's unable to make use of his "PhD" in any financially, professionally
rewarding or meaningful way. That would indicate that it is probably
worthless except
as he uses it, to create an aura of credibility where there is none.
He's shown a lack of responsibility and character over the years,
even writing to complain about pets allowed to run free as he did the
exact same thing, exhibiting the same hypocritical behavior he has
amply demonstrated here.

He's a classic Walter Mitty personality, a nobody with no influence
who dreams of being a hero. Usenet allow him to create a fantasy of
having power, he posts his pretend research, flaunts his useless
degree to get attention, and gets to respond to others with rudeness,
nastiness, and provocative allegations. He can get away with being
the kind of tough guy that he would never have the balls to be in person.
Naturally he baits mountain bikers here in the safety of the newsgroup,
in the park he lacks the balls for confrontation.

Of course! No one but an armed policeman would want to confront a
mountain biker, who turn to threats and violence at the drop of a hat.
And to be PROUD of it? You are insane.

JP

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 14th 08, 03:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

On Jun 13, 10:23*am, "rick++" wrote:
Seems to have immense amounts of time on his hands too.

I heard from people at publications across the country
(probably world too) get bombarded by MV missives *if
they print anything about one of his peeves.
I guess he uses Google News to find these all.

Google shows he also has a history of contacting the employers of
those who disagree with him, he was trying very hard to find out where
I worked but he failed.
Old June 14th 08, 02:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JP

Default Note to Mikey

We are talking about, not with, you.

We are not particularly interested in the opinions of a
cowardly hypocritical rude liar possessing neither
scruples nor balls.

I know too many fools with advanced degrees to be impressed
by another who can't trade his for income.

Post about dead people but this particular dialogue is beyond you.

Old June 14th 08, 10:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:52:09 GMT, "JP" wrote:

We are talking about, not with, you.

We are not particularly interested in the opinions of a
cowardly hypocritical rude liar possessing neither
scruples nor balls.

I know too many fools with advanced degrees to be impressed
by another who can't trade his for income.

Post about dead people but this particular dialogue is beyond you.

Did you say something? If you did, I can't figure out what it is. Nor
can anyone else. Try stick-ing to words of one syl-la-ble, which is
more your speed.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 14th 08, 11:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
The Nelson Paradigm

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:52:09 GMT, "JP" wrote:

We are talking about, not with, you.

We are not particularly interested in the opinions of a
cowardly hypocritical rude liar possessing neither
scruples nor balls.

I know too many fools with advanced degrees to be impressed
by another who can't trade his for income.

Post about dead people but this particular dialogue is beyond you.

Did you say something? If you did, I can't figure out what it is. Nor
can anyone else. Try stick-ing to words of one syl-la-ble, which is
more your speed.

Would this group still be listed anywhere if you weren't spamming it
with your insanity?
Old June 15th 08, 01:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Stealing your thunder again...Not talking to you. Talking about Nature
Hiking at NIGHT....

I am off this week siskuh...if you want to get a night hike in that
area, let me know.