2006 TDF Route

Old October 30th 05, 06:55 AM
HughMann

Default 2006 TDF Route

The route for 'Le Tour 2006 '
(http://www.letour.fr/2006/TDF/presen.../parcours.html) (link)
has just been released.

Plenty of time left to choose the new DVD/HD recorder, get in heaps of
popcorn and No-Doz, and save up heaps of vouchers from the Pizza shop.

The race is over 20 stages that have the following profiles:
* 9 flat stages,
* 4 medium mountain stages,
* 5 mountain stages,
* 2 individual time-trial stages,

The towns
P Saturday, July 1st 7 km
Strasbourg (TT)

1 Sunday, July 2nd 183 km
Strasbourg Strasbourg

2 Monday, July 3rd 223 km
Obernai Esch-sur-Alzette

3 Tuesday, July 4th 216 km
Esch-sur-Alzette Valkenburg

4 Wednesday, July 5th 215 km
Huy Saint-Quentin

5 Thursday, July 6th 219 km
Beauvais Caen

6 Friday, July 7th 184 km
Lisieux Vitré

7 Saturday, July 8th 52 km
Saint-Grégoire Rennes (TT)

8 Sunday, July 9th 177 km
Saint-Méen-le-Grand Lorient

R Monday, July 10th
Rest day - Bordeaux

9 Tuesday, July 11th 170 km
Bordeaux Dax

10 Wednesday, July 12th 193 km
Cambo-les-Bains Pau

11 Thursday, July 13th 208 km
Tarbes Val d'Aran - Pla-de-Beret

12 Friday, July 14th 211 km
Luchon Carcassonne

13 Saturday, July 15th 231 km
Béziers Montélimar

14 Sunday, July 16th 181 km
Montélimar Gap

R Monday, July 17th
Rest day

15 Tuesday, July 18th 187 km
Gap L'Alpe d'Huez

16 Wednesday, July 19th 182 km
Bourg d'Oisans La Toussuire

17 Thursday, July 20th 199 km
Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne Morzine

18 Friday, July 21st 193 km
Morzine Mâcon

19 Saturday, July 22nd 56 km
Le Creusot Montceau-les-Mines (TT)

20 Sunday, July 23rd 152 km
Antony-Parc de Sceaux Paris Champs-Élysées

TOTAL 3,639 km

A lot of riding to do yet before "couch potato" time arrives.

Cheers
Hugh

Insert witty, smartarse or vapid comment here

--
HughMann

Old October 30th 05, 07:17 AM
petulance

HughMann wrote:
The route for 'Le Tour 2006 '
(http://www.letour.fr/2006/TDF/presen.../parcours.html) (link)
has just been released.

Plenty of time left to choose the new DVD/HD recorder, get in heaps of
popcorn and No-Doz, and save up heaps of vouchers from the Pizza shop.

The race is over 20 stages that have the following profiles:
* 9 flat stages,
* 4 medium mountain stages,
* 5 mountain stages,
* 2 individual time-trial stages,

There is no team time trial for next year's TdF.

Hmmm ... I wonder if the organisers have set up the course for an
Ullrich win ...

Old October 30th 05, 08:49 AM
Kimon

Based on this year's performance, I don't think "The Sausage Creature"
has enough left for another Grand Tour win; and knowing him he'll train
less and eat more strudel in LA's absence. Basso will do it
comfortably.

Old October 30th 05, 11:59 AM
petulance

Kimon wrote:
Based on this year's performance, I don't think "The Sausage Creature"
has enough left for another Grand Tour win; and knowing him he'll train
less and eat more strudel in LA's absence. Basso will do it
comfortably.

ouch! well, we'll see what happens next year. It would be good to see
Ullrich win it again. This year's performance was an improvement over
last year's.

Who knows, he might go on a proper diet this winter ...

And Basso will not be riding the Giro next year in order to devote more
time to the TdF (sound familiar?)

2006 TdF route????? Dope Strong Racing 1 October 7th 05 07:38 PM
Underground Railroad bike route in the planning stage Garrison Hilliard General 1 September 2nd 05 04:36 PM
Underground Railroad bike route in the planning stage Garrison Hilliard Rides 1 September 2nd 05 04:36 PM
Trip Report - Philadelphia - Ste. Anne de Beaupre, QUE and back Ron Wallenfang Rides 9 June 27th 04 05:35 AM
First Recumbent Century (long) Danny Colyer UK 21 June 10th 04 01:56 PM