Spotted

Old July 12th 04, 09:43 AM
Doki

Default Spotted

In Norwich, a man riding a mountain bike with at least 3 sets of bar ends,
all bolted onto one another. One of the maddest madmen I've ever seen. Hope
he doesn't subscribe to this ng .

Old July 12th 04, 09:57 AM
Simonb

Doki wrote:
In Norwich, a man riding a mountain bike with at least 3 sets of bar
ends, all bolted onto one another. One of the maddest madmen I've
ever seen. Hope he doesn't subscribe to this ng .

Sure he wasn't riding drops? ;-)

Old July 12th 04, 10:23 AM
Mark

In Norwich, a man riding a mountain bike with at least 3 sets of bar ends,
all bolted onto one another. One of the maddest madmen I've ever seen.

Hope
he doesn't subscribe to this ng .

At the weekend saw a full-sus MTB with aerobars attached to the
handlebars... a most odd sight...

Mark

Old July 12th 04, 11:02 AM
John Hearns

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:23:23 +0100, Mark wrote:

At the weekend saw a full-sus MTB with aerobars attached to the
handlebars... a most odd sight...

Has anyone ever been seasick on a bike?
Old July 12th 04, 11:21 AM
davek

Matt K:
I saw a rattly old road bike with the bars turned upside-down (there's
a blast from the past!)

I've seen a few of those about recently. I suspect it might be coming back
into fashion. The woman I saw yesterday appeared to be treating her bars as
straight bars and using the 'drops' as if they were bar-ends for when she
was honking up the slight incline at the end of my road.

At the end of the road, she and her three companions turned right on to the
high street and then mounted the pavement to get past the row of traffic
that was waiting at the traffic lights (roadworks - high street is currently
reduced to one lane of traffic in either direction) and then came back on to
the road so that they could go straight through the red light and into the
path of the oncoming traffic... the morons deserved to be flattened riding
like that, but unfortunately there were no buses coming the other way.

d.

Old July 12th 04, 09:39 PM
MartinM

"davek" wrote in message ...
Matt K:
I saw a rattly old road bike with the bars turned upside-down (there's
a blast from the past!)

I've seen a few of those about recently. I suspect it might be coming back
into fashion.

I wish these people would put them in the free ads paper, have been
searching far and wide for a cheap racer to take on the train. I would
even swap for a brand spanking new full susser (rrp £49.99);-)
Old July 12th 04, 10:02 PM
Allan Nelson

Mark wrote:
At the weekend saw a full-sus MTB with aerobars attached to the
handlebars... a most odd sight...

Take a look at this one I spotted in Austria a couple of years ago - they
obviously go in for 'speed-shopping'.
(pic at bottom of page).

http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/bike...y/salzburg.htm

Cheeers... Allan.
~~~
http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm
Italian Cycle tour reports and the home of...
Cycling Before Lycra