Ultrasonic parts cleaners

Old November 28th 04, 03:01 PM
Dan Burkhart

Default Ultrasonic parts cleaners

Matt O'Toole Wrote:
A Muzi wrote:

Dan Burkhart wrote:

I have read passing mention of these on this forum.I would be
interested to know if they are versatile enough to completely
displace the solvent type.
Do they produce any wastes which pose disposal issues?
It's not that I have any reason to be disloyal to my current

employer
(Safety Kleen), but when I open my shop, I would prefer not to have
to work in noxious vapors all day.

There are as many answers to this as mechanics but I also
disliked having a few gallons of stinky stuff around. The
fluid quickly becomes oily anyway.

I always used a piece of oil absorbing mat for boat bilges, which soaks
up all
the oil so you can dispose of it properly.

Matt O.

Thanks to all who responded. As usual, some very useful input.
I guess I more or less assumed these machines were specifically
designed for use with some sort of aqueous solution, but it makes sense
they would work with solvent.
Safety Kleen's closed loop solvent recovery system is about as close
as you can get to good environmental stewardship, but I was just
thinking of ways to get rid of the solvent vapors and maybe reduce
costs in the process.
Dan

--
Dan Burkhart