Steve Hed dies aged 59

Old November 30th 14, 06:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Steve Hed dies aged 59

I don't know if this has been posted here and you may have seen the news
in other places. Steve Hed passed away after a sudden cardiac arrest
outside his business. He was resuscitated and place of life support but
passed away 11/26/14. Some of you probably knew Steve personally; he
was a friend of friends of mine and I had a few chances to talk with
him. A unique character and an gentleman in my limited experience. I
had a long chat with him about Moulton bikes back in September at the
All-British Cycling Event (ABCETour.com), to which he had brought a
Moulton SpeedSix, and he was informative and generous with his
knowledge. A tragic loss for his family at a such a young age for this
kind of event and a sad loss for cycling as a whole.

I remember going to his shop about 10-12 years ago to discover that it
was in his garage! High tech as heck inside and a two car garage from
the outside. I don't know if he had moved on from there or if that is
still where the business is. He was an interesting guy with a
productive way of looking at bikes.

Steve Hed July 11, 1955-November 26, 2014. He is survived by his wife of
24 years, Anne Hed, a son Andrew and a daughter Rebecca.

Requiescat in Pace
Old November 30th 14, 02:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://goo.gl/lbKRfr