Who is at fault and how should it be dealt?

Old December 4th 07, 04:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc
Artoi

Default Who is at fault and how should it be dealt?

In article
],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article
,
BT Humble wrote:

On Nov 27, 1:50 pm, Artoi wrote:
In article ,
"Theo Bekkers" wrote:

Artoi wrote:

But going back. I note that there are some riders object to people
riding high end bikes and make statements like "No way am I going to
pay for that CF bike".

Reverse snobbery?

BTHcould be saying "I'm not going to pay for that $600 Columbus frame,
they
should be riding a K-Mart bike like I am", but I can't picture him in
the
Hell Ride peleton. :-)

Yes, I would take it as a form of reverse snobbery too.
--

Hmm, and all this last week I was thinking that the burning feeling in
my ears was just because of the sunburn! ;-)

Much as I hate to have to admit that I'm not perfect in every way,
there *is* a substantial element of reverse snobbery in what I'm
doing. If you're trying to win big-name races where the difference
between first and second place is measured in fractions of a second
over a 100km race I suppose I can see how lighter weight, etc. might
make a difference. However for your average club rider *it appears to
me* that the performance-return-on-investment falls off a cliff once
you go over $2k or so.

I bid $1000.

Others in my club would bid $500.
Old December 7th 07, 03:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc
ZBicyclist

performance-return-on-investment falls off a cliff
once you go over $2k or so.

I bid $1000.

Others in my club would bid $500.

Depends on the club. We had a guy riding with us one winter riding on a
cheap mountain bike with knobbies, while we were on road bikes.

He did PBP a few months later (unless that was the year he did BMB).
(PBP is Paris-Brest-Paris in 90 hours. BMB is similar, but
Boston-Montreal-Boston).

For him, the cheaper the mountain bike, and the knobbier the knobbies, the
more performance enhancement he got.