Chain and pin

Old December 4th 03, 06:41 PM
Giovanni

Default Chain and pin

I have a shimano lx (hg73) chain on my first mtb, as i have to reinstall it
on the bike i don't know if i'm going right or wrong. The chain is cut in
the right lenght as the bike, before being brought to me, has done yet some
miles. Now i have the chain and two pins, these two pins are longer than the
chain width and they also show a cut around the body that, to me, could mean
that once into the chain they have to be broken but it's my idea and before
destroying something i would like someone to tell me if i'm right.
I posted a picture of the chain, the pin and some strange things i have no
idea what they could be on
http://www.bike-board.net/community/...ic.php?t=12811

Thanks for your support

Old December 4th 03, 09:25 PM
Per Elmsäter

Giovanni wrote:
I have a shimano lx (hg73) chain on my first mtb, as i have to
reinstall it on the bike i don't know if i'm going right or wrong.
The chain is cut in the right lenght as the bike, before being
brought to me, has done yet some miles. Now i have the chain and two
pins, these two pins are longer than the chain width and they also
show a cut around the body that, to me, could mean that once into the
chain they have to be broken but it's my idea and before destroying
something i would like someone to tell me if i'm right.
I posted a picture of the chain, the pin and some strange things i
have no idea what they could be on
http://www.bike-board.net/community/...ic.php?t=12811

Thanks for your support

http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQchnRe.shtml
Scroll down to Procedure for Shimano chain.

As far as I know you will need a chaintool.

--
Perre

Old December 4th 03, 10:06 PM
Giovanni

http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQchnRe.shtml
Scroll down to Procedure for Shimano chain.

As far as I know you will need a chaintool.

--

I have the chaintool but what i missed was your site suggestion,
W O N D E R F U L

Thanks a lot, hope to solve the brake problem and to go 4 a ride

giovanni