MTB Rent & Ride along Interstate Highway 80? California to Ohio

Old March 10th 06, 02:36 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default MTB Rent & Ride along Interstate Highway 80? California to Ohio

Leaving San Francisco on April 15th.
Without straying too far (@ 30 minutes) from the highway, where could I rent
a mountain
bike and get in a ride?
--
This is a list of some, not all, of the States, cities and towns that I will
be passing near:

Nevada, Reno, Lovelock, Winnemucca, Elko, West Wendover
Utah, Salt Lake City
Wyoming, Evanston, Green River, Rawlins, Laramie, Cheyenne,
Nebraska, Kimball, Ogallala, N. Platte, Lexington,
Kearney, York, Lincoln, Omaha
Iowa, Atlantic, Des Moines, Iowa City
Indiana, Davenport, Mendota, Joliet, Gary, S. Bend,
Ohio, Toledo, Elyria,

DTW .../\.../\.../\...

Old March 10th 06, 02:51 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

there's some good riding not too far from Elko. If your route takes you
through Wells, (I'm too lazy to check a map, sorry) a couple can't
miss spots are Angel Lake, see link -----

http://www.elkorose.com/angel_lake.html

And the Bordertown Challenge xc race course at the Pequop Ranch. More
info on Wildrockies.com

Angel Lake is totally out of place in the desert. A mind blower to
quickly go from barren, jackrabbits and sage brush to alpine glaciers
and waterfalls...

CDB
Oh, and there might be some riding in Utah, too.....;D

Old March 10th 06, 02:51 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"D T W .../\..." wrote in message
Leaving San Francisco on April 15th.
Without straying too far (@ 30 minutes) from the highway, where could I

rent
a mountain
bike and get in a ride?
--
This is a list of some, not all, of the States, cities and towns that I

will
be passing near:

Nevada, Reno,

Take Hwy 50 across Nevada and then hit the 70. Not only will you get to say
you drove the loneliest highway in the country but you can stop in Austin,
NV and hopefully rent a bike at Tyrannosaurus Rix. And you can hit the Shoe
Tree:

http://www.sisterbetty.org/roadtrip2...adtripday1.htm

Greg

Old March 10th 06, 04:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

http://www.sisterbetty.org/roadtrip2...adtripday1.htm

Greg

Too funny... this reminded so much of something I saw the other day at work.

"Unless you are a big homo like me, glancing about or talking in the
men's room is taboo. Really, there are only two activities available
when holding your penis in one hand, so most men stare straight ahead at
the blank wall while trying not to splatter on their shoes."

_____
Slack - quit using urinals decades ago, unless it's an extreme
emergency... But then I'd just use the chick's bathroom ;-P
Old March 15th 06, 11:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

If your a sea level dude take the low road.